Thread: Canal Flats area Elk hunting info wanted

Canal Flats area Elk hunting info wanted

Hi. Starting a week around Canal Flats looking for Elk. Never been in the area before but hunting buddy has a basecamp here for us. Any info that could point us in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all, and good luck as the season progresses.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Canal Flats area Elk hunting info wanted

I heard there are lots of grizzlys there .

Have a good hunt. Are you hunting the east side or the west side of the valley?

West side.

Good luck! Haven't been there since initiation D when we won the banner in that old barn! Loved playing hockey there as a kid! I wonder if they still have that old tractor as a zamboni?!

Just came out of there not an Elk to be seen its a wasteland except for WT does tons of them around think they ate all the Elk.

I was there for a few days around the 20th of September. The only thing I called in were the other hunters. I was able to get some real bulls sounding off to my located bugles, however they were only wayyyyyy up the heavily forested valleys during the day. At night I called a few to try and find where to go in the morning. They stop calling around an hour before first light. Keep in mind I wasn't road hunting, but running around on an RZR then hiking all over. As another member said, go the west side. East was quiet.

We came down to grab some stuff in Canal Flats. Not much to be seen up in the hills except hunters. Saw a little wt buck and a few does. All the elk sign is old.