Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mushrooms

Re: Mushrooms

Quote Originally Posted by ForestWalker10 View Post
    the only good mushrooms are the ones that open up your mind.
    Oh boy, its been a long time since those days.....
    Where is the best source in the LM these days???(might help my pain management?)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Oh boy, its been a long time since those days.....
    Where is the best source in the LM these days???(might help my pain management?)

I've been on the lookout for the last few weeks and have yet to find any. I use them for depression and it works wonders, lots of new science out there showing they actually slow down areas in the brain that are over active in patients who are depressed, not to mention the benefits of s simple shift in perception. So if you find a nice field or happen upon a patch or two I'd really like to hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    Mrs. and me went to two of her fave spots this weekend. No brittle gills, no chanterelles, no boleti. Everything is painfully late in our quickly accessible spots near Vancouver. A Facebook friend posted a pic of her son and gf with two big bowls of chanterelles but they were from who knows where?

A neighbour gave us a cauliflower 'shroom last week. that was good.

Should have packed out a couple buckets out of your elk draw area. SW of that mountain is a wicked spot for them.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Nothing better than fresh oyster mushrooms with a bit reduced sauce and a nice fresh deer steak on the downpour. I'm telling you, it mends the heart. Then you get back to the city, and remember why you ****ing hate it.

*sigh*
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Well we got the deer liver for tonight still no mushrooms. We also saw the first snow fall so I'm guessing I'm out of luck this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PKernohan View Post
    I've been on the lookout for the last few weeks and have yet to find any. I use them for depression and it works wonders, lots of new science out there showing they actually slow down areas in the brain that are over active in patients who are depressed, not to mention the benefits of s simple shift in perception. So if you find a nice field or happen upon a patch or two I'd really like to hear about it.
    May consider growing at home?!

Very little research on them, but there seems to be some strong supporting evidence that some shrooms will have
    major positive health potentials in the future.
    Lack of studies is due to drug companies not wanting to lose some cash because of their potential.
    1 in particular seems to out due methadone treatments for opioid addicted people in just 24 hrs!

Sorry to the OP for being off topic.....but it's nice to share

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    May consider growing at home?!

Very little research on them, but there seems to be some strong supporting evidence that some shrooms will have
    major positive health potentials in the future.
    Lack of studies is due to drug companies not wanting to lose some cash because of their potential.
    1 in particular seems to out due methadone treatments for opioid addicted people in just 24 hrs!

Sorry to the OP for being off topic.....but it's nice to share

I've gone that route in the past. It was a fun project but a bit of a PITA. Plus I have no more spore prints/syringes to start from.

There's actually quite a bit of science out, more coming every day. http://reset.me/studies/ this is a fantastic site, with many scientific studies and papers regarding "alternate" medicine.

I as well will echo the apology to the OP, sorry for the derailment!
    Last edited by PKernohan; 10-16-2017 at 11:04 AM.