Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mushrooms

Re: Mushrooms

Quote Originally Posted by ForestWalker10 View Post
    the only good mushrooms are the ones that open up your mind.
    The mushrooms say That's rude, you've got a bad attitude.

Maybe they will teach you, but not until you learn to open up your mind.

Mrs. and me went to two of her fave spots this weekend. No brittle gills, no chanterelles, no boleti. Everything is painfully late in our quickly accessible spots near Vancouver. A Facebook friend posted a pic of her son and gf with two big bowls of chanterelles but they were from who knows where?

A neighbour gave us a cauliflower 'shroom last week. that was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    The mushrooms say That's rude, you've got a bad attitude.

Maybe they will teach you, but not until you learn to open up your mind.
    wow.......................ok...................... ............hahahaha. not even worth my time on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Yeah but where do you live.

Little town in the elk valley called Elkford. My house sits just shy of 4200'. I pay to have my lawn professionally fertilized so I was really surprised to see them growing in my lawn

I picked a nice group of oyster mushrooms today.

Saw a bunch of shaggy manes this weekend outside Pemby - but I hate them so I left them for others. Found 3 boletes and that was it. It's still pretty dry at the elevation we were at. Our usual spot usually gives us 3-5 of the 5 gallon ( wine buckets of course !)--- but I think it's a bit too early.

I have found morels in the in the fall in 5-1, but I was surprised to see it. I know my morels and this one as in a weird spot- never seen anything there before.

with the hunting season underway I'm gonna focus on that now....thx for the Intel on the mount currie guy- we were wondering why no one was buying....

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm picked couple hundred pounds of brains for sale ..for eating..don't look like morels again.
    Steven
    You're selling false morels??

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    A lot of euros eat the false morels, boiling them for a while to remove the toxins. I don't touch them. There are about a dozen edible species in BC that are really really easy to ID and pick - many more for the experienced picker.

Learn your mushrooms, and learn their habitats! A bag of chanterelles is a nice consolation prize after a failed deer hunt...
    Emphasis on knowing! Last year I found guys with a freezer bag full of....I don't know what. The bright orange ones that grow in clumps in the middle of old roads. They told me they were chanterelles. I showed them an actual chamterelle and recommended a book!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    Emphasis on knowing! Last year I found guys with a freezer bag full of....I don't know what. The bright orange ones that grow in clumps in the middle of old roads. They told me they were chanterelles. I showed them an actual chamterelle and recommended a book!
    I,ve picked and ate alot of those .... definitely not chanterelles but tasty . Absolutely should be positive of the ID of any shrooms you eat .

friends picked about 50 or so in my yard today in Cranbrook.