Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: FN by-passing canadian govnt straight to Queen for ownership of all "Crownland"

Re: FN by-passing canadian govnt straight to Queen for ownership of all "Crownland"

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Maybe nobody shoots 20, but how many are you/we legally allowed to kill?? 1 moose, 1 elk, 2 black bears, 1 grizzly, 3 deer, 1 caribou, a goat, 1 sheep, and 10 grouse a day and a few turkeys, and hundreds of ducks and geese per season. And it's all legal, nobody needs that much meat so why are the limits so liberal?? I heard lots of white guys do this every year and they way way outnumber the FNs 9 to 1.
    Ya, I am kinda going to call the above "BS" on that.
    There are a few who tag out, but they generally tag out on say deer, moose and maybe elk....but that is so rare.
    I they do tag that many, some I may consider poaching at times....
    But, there are few who like to tag out just because they have a tag.....3 deer...yes...some do.
    Throw in a Moose...okay...and an elk.....wow.....
    But to throw in sheep and goat.......I doubt that.

I have met a few FN, and they say, ya, I have taken 4 deers so far this season.
    I have a slightly hard time swallowing that...not that they are lying..it's being truthful...
    And, then I accept it...and say...okay...fair enough.
    But, I know a few fn that do take 20+ in a season...be it deer and moose combined for the most part.
    That's were I have the issue....
    how the hell can wildlife be managed with that going on???
    hard enough to factor in "poaching"...and I am sure there is a lot more poaching going on these days, then ever
    before....and that is not an fn issue....
    But, you combine those 2 factors, and try to manage things???.....
    Science only works with what #'s you plug into the computer...
    garbage #'s in.....garbage out!
    That's the wildlife impact of that issue.
    And then there is the "one user groups right as compared to the other who is restricted" in an area inequality.
    We are not at a good point in time right now for wildlife or resident hunters to hunt.
    Then you throw in all the "private land" issues that are "sneaking up" on us, that we don't see as easily, but is
    happening all the time now, and slowly eroding hunting area opportunities for the future.

Re: FN by-passing canadian govnt straight to Queen for ownership of all "Crownland"

Isn't Canada a completely separate country from England? I don't know the laws. Are we not a free country, to do as it's citizens agree to do, with it's elected Government? What power does any Queen or King of England have over us? The ability to transfer our crown land to FN? Are you FN' kidding me? Is this really a threat?

I'd wager there will be a civil war if it ever comes to that. I believe it won't. Lawyers know how to keep milking the cow. Massaging it, and taking a little more every year. Just enough so that average people won't notice. Won't stand up, unite and fuel a massive movement to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    Isn't Canada a completely separate country from England? I don't know the laws. Are we not a free country, to do as it's citizens agree to do, with it's elected Government? What power does any Queen or King of England have over us? The ability to transfer our crown land to FN? Are you FN' kidding me? Is this really a threat?

I'd wager there will be a civil war if it ever comes to that. I believe it won't. Lawyers know how to keep milking the cow. Massaging it, and taking a little more every year. Just enough so that average people won't notice. Won't stand up, unite and fuel a massive movement to stop it.
    "Constitutional role

Further information: Monarchy of Canada § Federal constitutional role
    Though the monarch retains all executive, legislative, and judicial power in and over Canada,[59][60] the governor general is permitted to exercise most of this, including the Royal Prerogative, in the sovereign's name; some as outlined in the Constitution Act, 1867,"

The Governor General is appointed by the Queen USUALLY on the advice of the Prime Minister. He ranks higher than the prime minster which is why he sits higher in the throne room when he is being sworn in. The queen and the governor general could over rule a Canadian election if they thought the prime minster we elected wasn't suitable. hence if a trump type got in they could nullify the election. So you tell me, are we a sovereign without any outside force or un-elected officials watching over us?

We all follow the law in this country. Most native bands in bc never signed legal treaties to give their land to the crown.They have always claimed the land as their own. The 2007 decision in the chilcotin that went to the supreme court of canada agreed that the natives owned huge areas of traditional land. They own it. Many more such decisions will come down the pipe because it is the law.It took a hundred and fifty or so years for them to win this fight. You may disagree but you better get used to it.They have the law on their side.Which is amazing considering they only got the right to vote when i was a kid.

I thought I read somewhere that FN were traditionally against land ownership? They were Nomads travelling to seasonal food sources. Stewarts of the the land, not owners. Is this true?

Republic of Western Canada, is sounding better and better every day.

Without govt putting effort to reach a final agreement with FN it will be a never ending battle leaving uncertainty on what's next for non FN in Canada

Unfortunately the government is choosing to go with bandaids when it comes to FN instead of addressing the main issue of of FN claims. This has created a situation where FN know they can raise a stink and govt will agree to smaller demands to avoid the major issues. Does not matter what race was given the ability to exploit govt they would do it because it's human nature to use all available advantages.

The way FN issues are/have been dealt with has created all the problems and today's FN culture. Reality is there have been many cultures wronged throughout history in this world and they have moved forward. It is plain to see the way FN issues are dealt with is an epic fail.

Sucks to be the one in the middle of this getting screwed

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Without govt putting effort to reach a final agreement with FN it will be a never ending battle leaving uncertainty on what's next for non FN in Canada

Unfortunately the government is choosing to go with bandaids when it comes to FN instead of addressing the main issue of of FN claims. This has created a situation where FN know they can raise a stink and govt will agree to smaller demands to avoid the major issues. Does not matter what race was given the ability to exploit govt they would do it because it's human nature to use all available advantages.

The way FN issues are/have been dealt with has created all the problems and today's FN culture. Reality is there have been many cultures wronged throughout history in this world and they have moved forward. It is plain to see the way FN issues are dealt with is an epic fail.

Sucks to be the one in the middle of this getting screwed
    well said!.......

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Smile Re: FN by-passing canadian govnt straight to Queen for ownership of all "Crownland"

Quote Originally Posted by the_longwalker View Post
    You do know that Sweaty Betty aka The Queen, has no legal authority to do anything in this country, right? It's a ceremonial position.

Ceremonial Ehhh,
    I understand that bunch of Bandits suck plenty of Money out of the Canadian public purse each year not to mention this Lady and her sucessors have (by act of the Canadian Government) exclusive water rights in all of Canada.

Cheers and bent over

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Quote Originally Posted by igojuone View Post
    Looks to be Neanderthals where here first. http://www.sciencetimes.com/articles...eports-say.htm

So does this mean I can go on hunting Grizzly Bear without a licece, at night, by setgun just as my ancesters did and of course for ceremonial purposes. It has been proven that Neanderthals used everything from the Grizzly but never touched the meat and that is a fact which was explained in "the Spiegel" a few years back.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !