Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FN by-passing canadian govnt straight to Queen for ownership of all "Crownland"

Re: FN by-passing canadian govnt straight to Queen for ownership of all "Crownland"

Up until 13,000 years ago the world was in the ice age, then BAM!!! New evidence is suggesting a cataclysmic event that caused the melting of the ice shield, the rising waters of the oceans by a few hundred feet, and the end of countless species and people, including those that inhabited north america. The oldest aboriginal artifacts found to date are those of the Heiltsuk, at just over 13,000 years. Coincidence? I don't think so. The continent started fresh with the immigration of modern day aboriginals. Yes, they were here first, but on a global time frame, they only beat out the Europeans by less than a blink of an eye. Simply put, we are all immigrants just looking for a place to coexist in equality.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Re: FN by-passing canadian govnt straight to Queen for ownership of all "Crownland"

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    Yes, they were here first, but on a global time frame, they only beat out the Europeans by less than a blink of an eye. Simply put, we are all immigrants just looking for a place to coexist in equality.
    It was only 7000-8000 years ago or so that a major migration of ancient humans moved to the middle of Europe occurred. A few 1000 years later other large groups of early humans migrated there, making up the majority of the hunter-gather - farmer genetic signature that help us differentiate taht group.
    Putting things on the same timescale, (not that of the entire geologic period) does put things into perspective though. On a geologic timescale nothing matters, because everything is a blink of an eye.

Haak, W.et al. Massive migration from the steppe was a source for Indo-European languages in Europe. Nature 522, 207–211 (2015)

Historic record of human occupation across north America is generally accepted to be appx 13,000yrs bp; however a review of the Blue Fish Caves (northern Yukon) site in 2017 found it to be 24,000 years old,lending support to the "Beringian standstill" hypothesis - that the ancestors of Native Americans spent considerable time isolated in a Beringian refuge during the Last Glacial Maximum before populating the Americas.
    Interesting stuff.

Planet is too small (too many humans) to have "special status" for certain people.
    FN may only be a "small percentage", but that shouldn't give them more rights.
    To have in place a "science related harvest plan", all need to be a part of that.
    Not sure why government wants to do it the way they are.....
    But, as I stated before, and say again.
    Segregation, regardless of color/nationality/origin, will always lead to/contribute to racism.
    Not that what people on here are saying is racism....
    Everyone here is just looking for "equality" when it comes to hunting.
    Why some feel they need to shoot 20+ animals a year to sustain themselves is beyond me.
    Makes me wonder "how much of the animal do they actually take home"???
    Finally, I think the "sleeping giant" is starting to wake up..

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Planet is too small (too many humans) to have "special status" for certain people.
    FN may only be a "small percentage", but that shouldn't give them more rights.
    To have in place a "science related harvest plan", all need to be a part of that.
    Not sure why government wants to do it the way they are.....
    But, as I stated before, and say again.
    Segregation, regardless of color/nationality/origin, will always lead to/contribute to racism.
    Not that what people on here are saying is racism....
    Everyone here is just looking for "equality" when it comes to hunting.
    Why some feel they need to shoot 20+ animals a year to sustain themselves is beyond me.
    Makes me wonder "how much of the animal do they actually take home"???
    Finally, I think the "sleeping giant" is starting to wake up..
    There is actually a lot of people, no matter what the color of their skin is, that have the exact same thoughts as you. The concern I have is that you are making general statements regarding an entire race of people. We are all not going out there and shooting "20+ animals a year". I know there a some that do that but I have never seen it.
    The "special status" you speak of is printed in government "laws" and we don't make those "laws". We have always just wanted what was taken from us and I guess that's where you get the "special status" from.
    Of course not all Aboriginal people think that way as so many have been brought up with different values and ethics and some have been mistreated in one form or another which probably leads to a little resentfulness. I can't really blame some of them.
    I do realize though that as long as the government paints this "segregation" of Aboriginal people through their laws and policies, the resentment will continue. Can me or you do something about that? probably not. Can the government do something to bring about more equality to everyone? Maybe..........Will they? Probably not.

there is also the issue of entitlement......I remember one year when I was travelling to the UK, they have a line for EU members and one for everyone else...you can imagine which line moves faster...no big deal as I am usually a patient person when dealing with situations that are out of my control (like how fast a line moves)...a fellow from Nigeria was ahead of me and I chatted with him a bit....when he saw my Canadian passport he said "don't you find it annoying that Germans, French, Italians etc are getting fast tracked into England while Canadians (who died to keep England free from European control) have to wait in the long line?" ......well until he mentioned it I never really gave it much thought but after that, I felt a bit angry.....

when someone tells you over and over that you deserve more you start to believe it and feel abused/neglected/entitled.....I still get a bit put off when I think about what the Nigerian fellow said but it goes against my nature of trying to be happy in spite of difficulties...I try to live in the moment with pride in my abilities and not give control of my life (my power) away by being a victim

I think it's time our government explored a final settlement with all first Nations, implemented via individual settlement to avoid any corruption and eliminate special status for first Nations once and for all.

The problem is that the cost of this would be so high that it is hard for any one government to consider it.... But really it's much better option than the steady bleed in perpetuity that we seem doomed to see.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb View Post
    I think it's time our government explored a final settlement with all first Nations, implemented via individual settlement to avoid any corruption and eliminate special status for first Nations once and for all.

The problem is that the cost of this would be so high that it is hard for any one government to consider it.... But really it's much better option than the steady bleed in perpetuity that we seem doomed to see.
    use it as a fiscal stimulus!!!!!! how many poor people that get a big sum of money save or invest it????? usually they blow it!!!!! that is why Chiefs will argue they must "manage the money for their peoples' own good".....I say let the chips fall where they fall

Were about 3 generations "canadian" now....

1 country, 1 government, 1 set of rules

dont like it, **** off... Exactly have that redheaded Aussie put it

but itl never happen, you know why?

Greed.... this country is one of the, if not the most beautiful and diverse in the world. But were a puppet nation. Our govntment is useless. We got a group that hunts, a group that hasnt been putside since the 80's calling the hunters murder's... and a bunch of metrosexuals taking selfies that only give a **** about getting high....

we are never going to amount to dick all until we either start a civil war, or we get a leader that actually wants to lead.... The elderly and anyone from ontario or quebec are not the voice that should be leading this country

we all know it

this country is litteraly like highschool
    1 group smokes
    1 plays sports
    1 has family money

all they do is talk shit and nothing ever happens
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb View Post

That is actually a good idea. I can only imagine how much of that money is wasted. What has it accomplished in all these years? The whole idea was flawed to begin with. Time to sit down and work out a modern day solution to this growing concern. The residential school thing didn't work why would anybody think any of the other government programs could be successful?