Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: FN by-passing canadian govnt straight to Queen for ownership of all "Crownland"

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Re: FN by-passing canadian govnt straight to Queen for ownership of all "Crownland"

Quote Originally Posted by edgar11 View Post
    That is actually a good idea. I can only imagine how much of that money is wasted. What has it accomplished in all these years? The whole idea was flawed to begin with. Time to sit down and work out a modern day solution to this growing concern. The residential school thing didn't work why would anybody think any of the other government programs could be successful?
    I couldn't agree more Edgar.......you certainly are the voice of reason and from the outside looking in your one of a very few, hats off to you partner
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Re: FN by-passing canadian govnt straight to Queen for ownership of all "Crownland"

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    I couldn't agree more Edgar.......you certainly are the voice of reason and from the outside looking in your one of a very few, hats off to you partner
    Thanks WF I understand both sides and I do not understand how blatant abuse can continue and nothing gets done about it. The fisheries are much more organized in that all of the fish are accounted for and a specific reason has to be given if you are going to access the resource (i.e. food, ceremony). The Bands understand that conservation is of the utmost importance and they follow the direction they are given. Not sure of all Bands in BC follow this but the ones in the Lower mainland do.
    It seems though that game are not given the same consideration. If you need a moose to feed your family or for a ceremony fine but there is no need to shoot 20 animals just because you can. That is just plain wrong no matter what color your skin is.

Thanks WF I understand both sides and I do not understand how blatant abuse can continue and nothing gets done about it. The fisheries are much more organized in that all of the fish are accounted for and a specific reason has to be given if you are going to access the resource (i.e. food, ceremony). The Bands understand that conservation is of the utmost importance and they follow the direction they are given. Not sure of all Bands in BC follow this but the ones in the Lower mainland do.
    It seems though that game are not given the same consideration. If you need a moose to feed your family or for a ceremony fine but there is no need to shoot 20 animals just because you can. That is just plain wrong no matter what color your skin is.
    Which lower mainland do you live in??
    Are the rotting totes full of sockeye and piles of rotting salmon left on beaches for conservation??
    Last edited by TexasWalker; 10-15-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    Which lower mainland do you live in??
    Are the rotting totes full of sockeye and piles of rotting salmon left of beaches for conservation??
    Which beach are you alluding to?

Thumbs down Re: FN by-passing canadian govnt straight to Queen for ownership of all "Crownland"

Which beach are you alluding to?
    Here's a start for you: https://www.facebook.com/oliver.ruts...55199949731871

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

There is actually a lot of people, no matter what the color of their skin is, that have the exact same thoughts as you. The concern I have is that you are making general statements regarding an entire race of people. We are all not going out there and shooting "20+ animals a year". I know there a some that do that but I have never seen it.
    The "special status" you speak of is printed in government "laws" and we don't make those "laws". We have always just wanted what was taken from us and I guess that's where you get the "special status" from.
    Of course not all Aboriginal people think that way as so many have been brought up with different values and ethics and some have been mistreated in one form or another which probably leads to a little resentfulness. I can't really blame some of them.
    I do realize though that as long as the government paints this "segregation" of Aboriginal people through their laws and policies, the resentment will continue. Can me or you do something about that? probably not. Can the government do something to bring about more equality to everyone? Maybe..........Will they? Probably not.
    Maybe nobody shoots 20, but how many are you/we legally allowed to kill?? 1 moose, 1 elk, 2 black bears, 1 grizzly, 3 deer, 1 caribou, a goat, 1 sheep, and 10 grouse a day and a few turkeys, and hundreds of ducks and geese per season. And it's all legal, nobody needs that much meat so why are the limits so liberal?? I heard lots of white guys do this every year and they way way outnumber the FNs 9 to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-r View Post
    laws do need to change, but why do they have to differentiate one group vs another? Why not one set of laws for all equally? Same taxes, same access to public services, same wildlife laws, same land use laws!
    we can only hope for something that great

Quote Originally Posted by tuffcityhunter View Post
    we can only hope for something that great
    Yeah maybe sometime after all the land claims are settled and we make some rules for our non-indian reserved areas.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by steve-r View Post
    Laws do need to change, but why do they have to differentiate one group vs another? Why not one set of laws for all equally? Same taxes, same access to public services, same wildlife laws, same land use laws!
    I thought that this is the way it was supposed to be. Who are the idiots who changed the rules so that everyone is squabbling? Sounds just like some sort of a conspiracy; of which there are many in history and all ending badly!
    They'll never end hunting...may make it illegal, but they'll never really kill that way of life!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Maybe nobody shoots 20, but how many are you/we legally allowed to kill?? 1 moose, 1 elk, 2 black bears, 1 grizzly, 3 deer, 1 caribou, a goat, 1 sheep, and 10 grouse a day and a few turkeys, and hundreds of ducks and geese per season. And it's all legal, nobody needs that much meat so why are the limits so liberal?? I heard lots of white guys do this every year and they way way outnumber the FNs 9 to 1.
    I know a lot of licenced hunters and not one I know does that...and if they are, their a damn good hunter and they are lucky to have that much time to hunt, to be able to count points, lengths of curl etc and take that many animals would be very hard to do...and according to the MOE, only 3 % of hunters harvest their 3 deer a season bag limit, and how many of those harvest all the other species you listed?? I'm guessing not many..