Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A moosey story

A moosey story

Well as moose stories go we waited for the draw results to find out we were successfull for two bull draws .this being my sons and my friends first chance to hunt moose i diligently went into planning and research mode i had hunted our area before but not for many years so my goal was to get these two thier first bull moose .so with the advice of Srupp and hunterguy from the forum we headed up a couple weeks prior to the oct 1 opening to do some scouting and the area looked good and we were able to narrow down were we wanted to hunt.fast forward to sept 29 all loaded and we hit the road and early saturday we were set up and headed out to set up some scent in a few cutblocks.opening morning couldnt come quick enough u could say the boys were a little excited.up early opening day we split into two different areas.my buddy and i spent a good part of the morning calling at the first area with no action so we headed down to the second area we had scent hung and let out two soft calls.within minutes we hear a loud crash and we turn to see a bull right at our scent tree two quick shots later bull 1 is on the ground at 10 am my buddies first bull and he was stoked then the work began and it wasnt a bad retrieval but still alot of sweat lol.day 2 saw me and my son up early and we headed to the first cut i had hunted the day before and i started calling every 20 min we called and waited and called and waited some more when finally it happened here comes a moose again right at our scent tree .i id it as a Bull and boom down he went 200 yard spine shot for my sons first moose.high fives all around some pics and the obligitory pack out and the two tags were cancelled faster than the leh draw has ever been run.it was a great trip with two fine young bulls with many thanks to srupp and hunterguy.pics to come.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: A moosey story

Hmmm Congrads to both hunters..bulls are big for Cariboo standards..above average..glad our conversation and stinky strategy paid off yet again..
    Well done..short but sweet..
    Cheers
    Srupp

Congrats. What are these scent trees?

Pics please?

Cant figure out how to load pics maybe someone could help me out and the scent trees are just trees i hung scent attractant from

Well done, looking forward to pics...
    Live to Hunt...

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye Bob View Post
    Cant figure out how to load pics maybe someone could help me out and the scent trees are just trees i hung scent attractant from
    What are you using as scent attractant, if you don't mind my asking? I've tried the incense with no luck - always wondered if other products work.

Buck Expert Mare in Heat Urine works wonders with bulls

I will totally agree with the mare in heat. I had a breeding farm and when I teased a mare with a stud I would collect the mares urine. Froze it and used it the following season. Cheap and I found it works great.

Yes buck experts cow in heat .