Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moose hunt closure BCWF??

Re: Moose hunt closure BCWF??

^^^^great post Rob, will send a pm.....

RC,

Well said, agree with everything you've stated.
    Society doesn't need hunters....that's the reality.
    The other thing you mention is even more important...
    We do not do a good job at all "promoting" what we do.
    As one member stated, most of us have "real jobs" in the real world, so it makes promoting hunting difficult.
    Meanwhile, the Anti's, spend all day promoting their agenda.
    They do it as "their real job".
    Thru funding I suppose, from many world wide organizations.
    Being in the media, under a "positive spotlight" is something we, as hunters, and I will include "our organizations",
    have done a piss poor job at.
    Can't blame us completely, as the media has their own set agenda, and for the most part, for the Anti's cause (IMO).
    Example, look at that last game check on Global.
    Made it sound like it was there in Boston Bar, and was a "complete surprise to hunters", as if we were all poachers and that it was set up last year in Cache Creek (even though we all expect it to be in Boston Bar from experience)
    And that we were "happy", because, most of us were "successful" (the reason for our smiles).
    The "real truth" for those smiles was mostly because, as ethical hunters, we want to see the CO's out there, to make sure the rules are followed.
    Anyways, maybe I have a bad taste in my mouth over much of what I see of late in the media, and it's rarely ever
    positive for hunters.....
    My only thought is, based on your facts, that we need an organization that works directly in a "PR" arena, for us.
    And that requires people with talent/skill, and they don't work for free.
    I agree, all the money we spend, should go towards wildlife and habitat restoration...but....
    right now, we need to find a way to direct money into what I just mentioned...positive PR.
    My issue with BCWF, is not what they do, or to put down the time and energy that some of them put in.
    They are doing what they can, with what they have, in the direction that the BCWF was set up for.
    They are basically here to help "wildlife" here in BC.
    And yes, they have no where near enough money to be of any great effect to help wildlife.
    The Fresh water society has an easier time of it....I may be wrong, but I don't think they require the amount of money for
    trout, restocking and restoration, as is needed for wildlife habitat for ungulates here in BC.
    There are a lot of people still out there in the general public, who , when you talk to them, and tell them all the reasons for hunting, do accept it as ok.
    They may never go out and pick it up for themselves, but at the same time, feel ok with people like me that do hunt.
    But, then every time they turn on the news, they are exposed to a world of "Anti's".
    It is becoming ever so easy to turn a person who "accepted" hunting, to become "non supportive" now.
    The higher up's of the BCWF can hammer me all they want, put me down etc....but it doesn't change what is really going
    on now.
    I am fairly adapted to "striking up conversation" with anybody, at any time.
    When I talk to other hunters in the field, I don't encounter too many BCWF members anymore.
    And, after talking for a while, they all seem to be of the same opinion as I.
    There is just nothing going on that truly puts hunters in a positive spotlight, and no organization that is having any effect.
    It wasn't too long ago, the GOABC got what they wanted (atleast some of it).
    They had a "seat at the table" (not sure if any FN did), but I know BCWF didn't.
    And now the recent ATV ban or ATV/vehicle licensed hunter ban, that just came out (even though there was some "science-related reports" stating that the fires did in fact, NOT, open up large shooting/sighting corridors), again, was made at the
    table, this time probably with the FN having a seat....but....doesn't sound like there was a "seat" for Resident Hunters...
    Now, is that a seat the BCWF should of had????? if so, then why didn't they??
    And if not.....then who do we find to "get us that seat at the table"???

Yes, we need some better PR...but that requires talent and money, and is definitely needed....(like, right now).
    And the other issue is....we need a "representative" at the table in Victoria (or wherever those discussion/decisions are made)
    So, if BCWF is "our" representative, then why are they being shut out???
    And, if BCWF is "not" our representative....well then...we are in some "deep s***" now!
    Basically, we as hunters require a "2 prong attack" right now.....somehow??
    Right now my concern isn't about wildlife (which, usually it is).....
    It's about keeping resident hunters of the "endangered species list".
    Hunting regs used to be 1 page long.
    Then it became a small book, which, many times you didn't pick up, because there was not much to be concerned about.
    Then the book got larger, and got to the point where you didn't dare not to pick one up and read it from end to end.
    But now...shit....that book isn't worth dick...because now you have to go to the "website DAILY" to see what changes
    have happened "Over Night".
    Anyways...ya... I need to get out hunting here real soon as well, as all this BS of late is doing me no good.
    Honestly, I am getting to the point where I just want to delete the link to this hunting forum or any other hunting forum
    on my pc, just to get away from the chaos as of late (and yes, I have been a part of that....my own fault).
    I stopped watching Global news, and have switched from CTV to now CBC....but again....
    I think I am heading to "just shut that crap off altogether", and just stream "pirated movies"....lol.
    But then I say to myself....what good is it to just turn my back to all of this....to just shut it off and pretend nothing is
    happening.???
    Hunting in BC is really at the cusp of heading to a real downturn spiral....
    I know some will say.."it's not that bad"...
    But, in my opinion, it's coming real soon.....it's already started (GBear ,and licensed hunter bans).

Latest
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...iboo-1.4352036

Finally signed the petition as requested by BCWF.

Don’t understand why the new restrictions, closures don’t apply to FN. This is a serious conservation issue & should apply to all hunters whether licensed or not!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    Latest
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...iboo-1.4352036

Finally signed the petition as requested by BCWF.

Don’t understand why the new restrictions, closures don’t apply to FN. This is a serious conservation issue & should apply to all hunters whether licensed or not!
    where's the link??? for the "petition part"???
    found a petition on BCWF site that I signed, but nothing in regards to "fn still being allowed to use atv/vehicles while residents can not"??
    is there a petition for this exact issue??
    if so, can someone direct me please.

Also, good job Jesse on what you said to the media...well done.
    Last edited by Bugle M In; 10-15-2017 at 12:50 PM.

The petition I signed was from last month.
    http://bcwf.net/index.php/2017-polit...n-the-petition
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

oh, okay, I did do that one when it came out.
    was hoping there was a petition about not using quads/ vehicles, while one user group does not have to abide by.
    I know, I am asking too much on that issue.....but hey, I won't stay silent on that one....
    I may have to accept it is that way now....but, ya got to start protesting at some point if it is ever going to change.
    Equality is all I am asking for....nothing more.
    hope everyone understands my point of view....

^^^^im sure most of us here agree on that one..

Quote Originally Posted by rimfire View Post
    Username checks out...
    And that is the best you can do ?????

First Nation can always use the race card, Anything done to control their actions is racist.