Thread: What's going on?

What's going on?

Is it possible that my elk herd has died? Where I hunt isn't the best spot on the world, but I can always seem to find them or good sign. I have yet to be successful. But I had high hopes for this year. I have hunted every weekend of the season and scouted pre season and have yet to see a track. No new rubs lots of old ones. I have checked new spots to and only old sign. Could they have mooved to a different mountain? What is evryone else finding?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What's going on?

Probably pushed by wolves, hunters or?? If the feed is still good and nothing has changed in 'your area', they will be back. May take some time, like next year but they will return at some point. My guess anyways....

We were in area 7 and saw elk where we never have seen them before....we saw more grizzly sign everywhere, more than we have seen in the 30 years we have been hunting in the area.

Wonder if the fires and smoke this year pushed the wild life around?
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

Not sure where you are at, but have seen where elk use a particular field for years and then suddenly give it up.
    Put the clues together for one spot and found different crops and cultivating/grazing program on neighbouring fields meant for a different food supply in the area

But it may have been caused by the aliens that were rumoured too
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Thanks for the input guys I'm just heading out again. Hopefuly I find them.