Thread: Disheartened

Re: Disheartened

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    It's easy to stay at home.
    Yes, stay at home and drink beer and watch wildtv😉

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshot View Post
    Yes, stay at home and drink beer and watch wildtv😉
    And watch how hunting really isn't...unless it's on private land...as in any deer hunt or in Jim shockeys moose area...$$$.

You don't need a quad don't need to hike stupid far just stop hunting in crowded places

Lots of pockets that go unhunted just stop thinking like the masses

If you've worn out a few pairs of boots in 3 seasons it's time to sloowwwww down or buy better quality boots. Next time you go out, wear more clothes than normal to the point you are HOT. Then make a conscious effort not to sweat. It forces you to slow down. You'll be amazed at the critters that start popping up outta nowhere. Once you start getting into good sign, Pump the brakes! Go 10 yards, glass, glass, wait, glass and then go 10 more yards. Patience is king....

Get a killing machine. AKA treestand
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Stop wearing out the boots.

Number one error for many hunters is covering too much ground.
    Heed the above.
    If you are seeing fresh sign in a particular area, your best bet would be to erect a blind, man-made or natural and then sit quietly and see what goes by. You will be surprised. Try not to fall asleep because that is when the critters will take advantage of you and saunter by.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

The wolves are eating all the game, the grizzlies we can't hunt anymore are eating all the game, the natives are shooting all the game, the quad hunters are shooting all the game, etc etc etc. How many times have you read this on this site? Usually from people who can't put game on the ground. Stop making excuses and get out there and hunt til you get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post
    I never use my Rhino to hunt, pain in the ass to load it and haul it around in the trailer.
    I have good sucsess hunting thick bush for whites, most guys drive right by looking for a cut block. I sneak in and watch for a while, amazing how many critters are hiding 100 yards off the road. I never call , rattle or make any noise and they are right surprised when I shoot them. No fancy camo either, jeans and a quiet wool jacket. And an old fashioned 30.06 with a Bushnell 3x9. No range finders or spotting scopes , just me, my trusty rifle and 2 eyeballs.
    I like it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb View Post
    The wolves are eating all the game, the grizzlies we can't hunt anymore are eating all the game, the natives are shooting all the game, the quad hunters are shooting all the game, etc etc etc. How many times have you read this on this site? Usually from people who can't put game on the ground. Stop making excuses and get out there and hunt til you get it done.
    Excuses are easy to come up with. There are a lot of people who do the same thing over and over and over with the same results and never change things to improve their success.

Step 1 ... does your area have game you want to hunt? Have you seen them or others carrying game out? Have your trail cams seen game?

Step 2 .... if youre seeing others carry game out ask questions or don't hunt there

Step 3 ... get trail cams. I just got into the trail cam game this year and wish I'd done it years ago. It does so much scouting for you it's ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Gunpoint View Post
    Can't seem to find the game. Hunting areas with good sign, I've tried calling, gassing, still hunting. After three years and a few worn out boots I can't seem to even find something let alone shoot it and fill the freezer. It's seems like every truck coming home has antlers mounted to the atv. I start to feel like the quad hunters are pushing game back further than I can hike. Unfortunately spending thousands on a quad is not an option for me. It seems like hunting is becoming more suited for the boys with all the toys.
    I use mine for game retrieval. Never to hunt or look for game with. I know quite a few of my friends do the same.

Maybe you should give it up and try some other hobby that the boys with all the toys aren't in to. I heard Pokemon Go is fun.