Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blocking FRS Roads

Re: Blocking FRS Roads

Post them up - Blocking off access to public land is illegal and just plain WRONG ! RJ

always park on the side of the road....there is a strange phenomena that happens to vehicles parked across roads....all their tires tend to go flat! must be from sitting on all that hard gravel instead of the soft grass on the side of the road!!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Post the pics. Hopefully the license plates are clearly visible.

Nothing a good tow chain couldn't fix
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Key his truck to teach him a lesson, and find somewhere else.
    That's worse then blocking the road.

Blocking the road is pretty ignorant imo but also somewhat understandable given the nature of people out. Maybe leave a note and also contact CO. At least it was blocked on the way in not the way out

Where abouts was this? I live in Kimberley and have never seen that. I`d be right pissed if I did. See a lot of rigs parked on the side but never one blocking the road. Let us know where this was, damned interested to know.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

keep a valve stem tool on hand. 4 tires flat that you cant fix makes for a rough day
    "Bears are like cops, never around when you need one, all ways around when you dont."

Tika T3 30/06
    Winchester sx3
    Remington 700 22-250
    Strother sx1
    Savage mark 2 22lr

That's just ignorant.

Where I hunt most people have tow chains in their trucks and I'd suspect that the situation would be fairly quickly corrected ...

Blocking roads is super ignorant, and if I ever did such a thing I wouldn't be surprised to find that my vehicle had been messed with...

I also look at it from the perspective of my safety what happens should I get injured, did I just block off my rescuers?

If you want private land.. go buy it, or lease it.... Otherwise you go hunting on public land with the rest of the public

Tow chains are invaluable, so are other handy devices.
    I have also seen trees felled on the exit route of said parker's...

We were camped up Ta Ta Creek on the back side of the lost dog . The first time they blocked with a blue dodge we were on the wrong side and had to take a little detour around them. The second time they blocked the road it was just above our camp. We had a talk to them and they said they were hear in a large party from Powell River. And the C O had already visited them. The truck had a buisness decale on the door, i checked it out and the truck had B C plates but was registered to a alberta buisness. any way i have turned the information over to the C O in crambrook. Thank you all for your suport and great hunting !