Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cariboo Moose Closures

Re: Cariboo Moose Closures

The maps are unreadable! They look like a psycho was turned loose with box of felt markers and given a heavy hit of acid! How hard is it to produce readable, effective maps

Quote Originally Posted by northernguy View Post
    The maps are unreadable! They look like a psycho was turned loose with box of felt markers and given a heavy hit of acid! How hard is it to produce readable, effective maps

The producers do work for Government...........

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    The producers do work for Government...........
    Not sure if I would use the term "work for"
    Maybe "employed by" is more accurate?
    The term "work" implies that something gets done !

Quote Originally Posted by northernguy View Post
    Not sure if I would use the term "work for"
    Maybe "employed by" is more accurate?
    The term "work" implies that something gets done !
    I take exception to this stupid comment... there are plenty of good people within government busting their butts to do the right thing..

I get so sick and tired of union (lazy useless pos) vs private sector (hard working salt of the earth) yada yada yada...

It's not the organization that s screwed as a whole, it is certain individuals regardless of association and affilitaion that cause the bad rep.
    Stop the "profiling"... you sound like Trump saying all Mexicans are murderers and rapists...

Move on..
    Last edited by rocksteady; 10-11-2017 at 12:35 PM.
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

The maps are unreadable! They look like a psycho was turned loose with box of felt markers and given a heavy hit of acid!
    Definatly the poorest map I've seen.

This decision is so political and not based on science. This is a sample of the discussion in the war room:

"Ok, we're got the FN pressing us to close down the moose hunt in the Cariboo. Let's see...we have allocation of tags given to FN and Resident LEH...hmmm...should we remove the tiny portion of the overall allocation given to resident LEH or remove the 60% allocation of tags given to the FN. Ok, let's take away the tiny resident LEH and not address any FN allocation. They told us we're not hunting any of these areas, we'll take their word on that so we don't have to get anybodies back up...and hey, let's also forget about the fact of non-reported FN harvesting which has been confirmed by the chief himself. This looks like the easiest course of action."

Really...could it not be more political than this? Sickening. Government, listen to the science and the good people with the boots on the ground to make an informed and fair decision. Take a stand and hold everyone accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by cyalatte View Post
    This decision is so political and not based on science. This is a sample of the discussion in the war room:

"Ok, we're got the FN pressing us to close down the moose hunt in the Cariboo. Let's see...we have allocation of tags given to FN and Resident LEH...hmmm...should we remove the tiny portion of the overall allocation given to resident LEH or remove the 60% allocation of tags given to the FN. Ok, let's take away the tiny resident LEH and not address any FN allocation. They told us we're not hunting any of these areas, we'll take their word on that so we don't have to get anybodies back up...and hey, let's also forget about the fact of non-reported FN harvesting which has been confirmed by the chief himself. This looks like the easiest course of action."

Really...could it not be more political than this? Sickening. Government, listen to the science and the good people with the boots on the ground to make an informed and fair decision. Take a stand and hold everyone accountable.
    Should probably be telling the BCWF to not waste any time, money or resources to "growing the moose populations"
    up there....
    Help the moose come back to only help the FN hunt them in the end.
    Then the chief comes back and says "see, limiting licensed hunter helped"!
    Instead, don't add assistance to that region, let the moose dwindle to nothing, and then we have "our science" to show
    who is at fault.
    Pretty negative comment I know...but....it's about the only thing left to do.
    Take the money, and efforts, and apply elsewhere, where resident hunters can still hunt......for now.

what FN's want FN's GET ! Better get used to it only as its only gonna get worse ! jmo RJ

This is just moose only correct? My 13 year old daughters have mule draws in 5-13. We were hoping to make a trip down there in November to see if we could get their first big game animal.
    "Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward"

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    what FN's want FN's GET ! Better get used to it only as its only gonna get worse ! jmo RJ
    Nope....
    Is it only going to get worse....yup.
    But I am not going to get used to it....
    I accept that just about every time I come on here, there is "more news" and "more needs" by one user group in this
    province.
    But, I won't get used to it....if I do, it means "I accept it".....which I don't.
    Expecting it and Accepting it are different.
    And if I accept it....it will never change.
    By the time my daughter is my age, by "accepting it/getting used to it", I "expect" she will be an "Anti Hunter",
    on a "crusade" to abolish "all hunting", even by FN, as she will have lost her right to hunt by then.
    Many have forgotten just how good it was.
    Lots here only know about "LEH Hunts", they never new what it was like.
    All these rules put in place, to help wildlife come back...yet never happened.
    Now, you can't go here with that, cause you ain't the same skin color.
    Or, you showed up to late.
    For some, they are surprised to have learned that one could hunt Elk around Lytton at one time.
    Well....until a few individuals from one user group blasted the hell out of them, and had it shut down.
    What did they get...a ban from the band, but that's it.....
    No jail time....instead, you would see a few of them around Cache Creek blasting anything that moved.
    Hard to get used to that...or accept that....IMO