Thread: Christian Valley Antlerless Elk

Christian Valley Antlerless Elk

Hi Guys,
    so for my first ever successful draw in years, I partnered with a that hasnt had a draw in years as well and we drew a Christian Valley Antlerless Elk, My oldest brother and I tried to get this draw for a few years as he lived in the area, Unfortunatly he passed away easter 2015 from a very brief battle with cancer and we never got the chance, I think that has been the driving force for me to keep trying to get this draw in his memory.

anyways enough of that,

In doing some research I am learning this may be a tough hunt, its a Nov-Dec draw, so I am hoping for snow but judging by this years weather patterns who knows.
    the Hunt must be below 1100m elevation, which most of it is private land, and the land owners are not allowing hunters onto their land.
    I know this hunt was put into play for the landowners complaining about the nuisance elk eating hay and damaging crops so I'm not sure why they're not allowing access.
    we'll be staying at the EE and travelling from there everyday.
    I guess what I am hoping for is some local knowledge on here that may be of help, any contacts or willing land owners. not asking for your honey hole or looking to be spoon fed
    PM me if you prefer not to post.
    Thanks in Advance
    Tim
    twl66@shaw.ca
    Last edited by Bag1; 08-26-2017 at 10:02 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Christian Valley Antlerless Elk

The river, watch the river its not private land. They have to come and go.
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

i know they are up in the Grano creek area across the river but i haven`t seen one. All the elk i`ve seen were on farmland congrats on the draw and good luck.

I had the draw a few years ago, but the later one....Was tough but fun. Didn't get an elk....saw some in the fields, but ya, no one will let you hunt them. I concentrated on the land in behind the private stuff , you just have to catch them coming or going. hunting them like a huge whitetail is probably the way to go....figure out where they are moving then sit and wait. Snow defiantly helped us with that...

Thanks to all for the help so far,
    It is Greatly appreciated!!

PM sent...

guest Guest

Check your PMs

Thanks Cpl

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Check your PMs
    Thanks Curly

Well I went up this weekend to do some scouting and there sure is alot of private lands, and even alot more no hunting signage
    I have made contact with a couple of the larger ranch owners but cant seem to get permission from anyone,
    sure seems like you have to know someone up there.
    also made contact with the co and bio neither has any info for me that would be of any help.
    I'll keep plugging along hopefully someone will get back to me with permission. as I see it with the below 1100m rule Its going to be tough
    but very much looking forward to it
    in the meantime I did have a few interesting talks with a couple other local hunters which may pay off,