Thread: 7-10 moose hunt

7-10 moose hunt

Hey all been away from the hunting forum for a while but need some direction.

So get a call from a buddy that he has a group bull draw with two other guys and it seems the other two guys are not able to go when he had booked his time off.

He is a new hunter and asked me to go with him. I agreed but have very little knowledge about 7-10 Blackwater.

Question is what is the area like, What am i dealing with fire wise? I see on the map there is a shit ton of roads and such and I assume the farther away from PG the better. Any knowledge would be helpful as we are flying up on Wednesday and back Sunday. We have a friend that can help deal with the animal if we harvest one.
    I didnt even know I knew how to ninja roll...but its my new move in a pinch....

but if anyone could point me in the right direction for dirty hookers, it would be much appreciated. And possibly a lawyer

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 7-10 moose hunt

I hunted 7-10 for a lot of years. A lot of the area has grown up and hard to see. The pelican fsr is a good one to check out. Mckenzie Lakes is also a good area. The Tayco cross over 21 on the blackwater was always productive. Its a big area and lots of ground to cover in 5 days. We hunted the tayco 29 road 24 road and the 26. These produced a lot of moose in a ten year period. Good luck and shoot straight.

Re: 7-10 moose hunt

I also was drawn for moose in 7-10, but I've only been able to get out for a few weekend trips. It's a tough unit to hunt, lots of overgrown cut blocks. No significant fires as far as I know in recent years. I'd say your best bet is covering ground until you find some sign and focus your efforts there, but at the same time with the rut in full swing, the bulls are travelling. Good luck.