Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leh bull moose 5-13

Leh bull moose 5-13

Hello everyone, i managed to get a bull moose draw for the 5-13 area nov1-15, i have been trying to contact a c.o or the ministry to see if there is a closure of this area due to the fires this summer. I have zero luck in making contact, all the numbers online are not in service. Can anyone shed some light on the area or a number that is valid.

300lbdutchman

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Leh bull moose 5-13

The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

I dont know about by phone. but i do know that a group of my friends are there as we speak looking for their leh moose. And our group will be there for our leh hunt on the 15th of October. So i think your ok good to go good luck

The fire ban was rescinded on Wednesday, September 27th at noon, but as Whonnock Boy has posted, there is a vehicle prohibition on any road not identified on the map. The Natural Resource Officer and RCMP were handing out tickets and fines even after the fire closure was removed. Trying to get accurate information was a joke, every government agency had a different story.

5-13A, 5-13B, or 5-13C?

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

This was posted by a fellow on Facebook. Looks like moose hunting for anyone but Indians has been cancelled. They will give you your 6 bucks back though!! F#%ckin province!!! Moosin

Just received this email...

Hunting closures will help protect moose in the Cariboo

You’ve received this email because you currently hold a Limited Entry Hunting authorization to hunt moose in Zones A or C of Management Unit 5-13 during either the October 15-31 or November 1-15 season. The Limited Entry Hunt for moose in Zones A and C of Management Unit 5-13 during October 15-31 and November 1-15 has been closed.

Zones A and C of management unit 5-13 in the Cariboo contain high quality moose habitat that was severely affected by the Chilcotin Plateau Fire. In addition, the area is important to First Nations for sustenance hunting.

Closure of these moose zones applies to all licensed hunting, including resident and guided hunters. The moose hunting closure announced today is for an area immediately north of Highway 20 and west of Williams Lake and Quesnel. The closure was recommended by ministry biologists.

It comes on the heels of a ban on motor vehicles for the purpose of licensed hunting within the Chilcotin Plateau and Hanceville-Riske Creek area last week. These measures were a first step to mitigate wildlife vulnerability to hunters as a result of increased access and sight lines following the burning of major tracts of forest this past summer.

The areas impacted by today’s hunting ban will be assessed over the winter to determine what levels of sustainable hunting opportunity will be available in the coming years.

If your authorization for these hunt codes is a shared hunt please forward this message to the other members of your hunting party.

Refunds for the cost of the Limited Entry Hunting application are available to all hunters that applied for these hunts.
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Do not listen to anything you hear, nor what you read..CONTACT LEN BUTLER INSPECTOR for C.o. services in Cariboo...only one I would trust at this time.
    I have been chatting to several hunters in that region..ALL TAGGED OUT ON MOOSE..100% Success...Photos prove their claim...
    Steven

Hunting closures will help protect moose in the Cariboo

Two areas of the Cariboo Region severely impacted by wildfires this summer will be closed to moose hunting for the October 15-31 and November 1-15 seasons.

Zones A and C of management unit 5-13 in the Cariboo contain high quality moose habitat that was severely affected by the Chilcotin Plateau Fire. In addition, the area is important to First Nations for sustenance hunting.

Closure of these zones applies to all licensed hunting, including resident and guided hunters. The moose hunting closure announced today is for an area immediately north of Highway 20 and west of Williams Lake and Quesnel. The closure was recommended by ministry biologists. It comes on the heels of a ban on motor vehicles for the purpose of licensed hunting within the Chilcotin Plateau and Hanceville-Riske Creek area last week.

These measures are first steps to mitigate wildlife vulnerability to hunters as a result of increased access and sight lines following the burning of major tracts of forest this past summer.

The areas impacted by today’s hunting ban will be assessed over the winter to determine what levels of sustainable hunting opportunity will be available in the coming years.

The above is correct...saw it on bc gov site

I have a LEH draw for 5-13C and today received the exact notification posted by 1 Shot 1 Kill from the Fish and Wildlife Branch that 5-13A and C are closed for the October 15-31 and November 1-15 hunts. The scariest part is the last sentence in the notification - " the areas impacted will be assessed over the winter to determine what levels of sustainable hunting opportunity will be available in coming years". Not good.

If they are refunding the cost of the LEH applications, I also want no reduction in my odds for the next three years as normally happens after you are successful.