Thread: Posting pics on Hunting BC, lets get some hunting pics going!

Posting pics on Hunting BC, lets get some hunting pics going!

Since photobucket got too big for their britches and is now useless as well as annoying, here's something that works even better and simple directions to use it!

1 - Go to Imgur.com
    2 - Set up an acount
    3 - Click the green new post button if you are on the Imgur start page, or if you are in your images page, click the green add images button
    4 - Drag and drop your pics in
    5 - To select an image to use in a post, hover over your profile name and a dropdown menu will appear, click images.
    6 - You now have all your images up. Click on the one you want to use, and to the right is a set of links, use the bottom one that says Linked BB code and hit the blue copy button
    7 - In your Hunting BC post, type your text story out, hit enter once to create a space between your text and the pic.
    8 - Right click to open the options menu, and left click paste or use control/V on the keyboard to paste your pic into the post you're making.

Your pic is now going to appear magically in your post, looking way better than photobucket ever did!
    If you want to check it out before submitting the post, hit preview post. if it's good, hit submit new thread and you're done!

Cheers!
    Last edited by downsouth204; 10-20-2018 at 10:22 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Posting pics on Hunting BC, lets get some hunting pics going!

Good thread downsouth 204. HBC isn't the same without pics. Here's another easy way to post pics on here. Postimage does not require a member ship or sign up to use.

1. Go to postimage.org

2. Select image size you want

3. Click choose image. This will allow you to find an image on your computer or just drag and drop the pic from your desktop into the box.

4. Click on the blue box at the end of the line that says hotlink to forums.

5. In your Hunting BC post, type your text story out, hit enter once to create a space between your text and the pic.

6. Right click and click paste or use control/V on the keyboard to paste your pic into the post you're making.

Just trying imagur now but can not find any green box or anyway to make it work. Where is this green box

tinypic is pretty easy to use as well.

Do this. Easiest way I have found so far to post photos.

• In the first tab, open Hunting BC and prepare my message for posting;
    • open Hunting BC again in a second tab;
    • upload a photo from your computer to your Hunting BC gallery in the second tab
    • once the desired photo is in your gallery (My Photos), click on that photo to open it up and view it
    • right click and copy that photo
    • paste in your message on the first tab
    • your photo will have "Image by HuntingBC" or something like that in the bottom corner once you post you message and photo.
    Drinking rum before 10 a.m. does not mean you are an alcoholic, it means you are a pirate.

Northern BC, I added a bit of text to my original post:

Click the green new post button if you are on the Imgur start page, or if you are in your images page, click the green add images button

As I already had an imgur account, I was in my images page. When you first open an account, it will just say "new post" toward the top of the page, click that green button and then just drag the files into the area on the imgur page and they save to your images folder on imgur.Then, in the dropdown menu under your preofile name, click images, need then need to click on the small pic you want to use for your post and once it's open larger, you'll see the LinkedBBcode, (message boards) bar at the bottom right. Just click the blue copy button and then go back to your post on hunt BC. Just hit the space bar once after you're done writing text in your post on hunt bc, then just right click and paste, (or control V), the link from Imgur into your post on hunt bc.
    You can hit "preview post" to have a look at your post and if all's good, hit "submit post" and you're done!

Hope this helps. I used photobucket for years and what a PIA, lol.... this works much better and is fast as well.

Cheers!
    Last edited by downsouth204; 11-13-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Also on the imgur page a size can be selected, bottom right corner of each picture
    Large or huge thumbnail works best
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole