Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This Sums up my past several seasons

Re: This Sums up my past several seasons

Love your pics! Been following your posts since you started. I hope all your hard work pays off this season I'm in the same boat. 2 1/2 years and I'm still working towards my first as well.

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by chele View Post
    Oh I see. I asked because I need some info on how to approach the Jordan range and you seem an mountaineer type of person.
    I'm familiar with that area through backcountry skiing & cat skiing. Haven't hunted there. Up Gorge Creek FSR is an area known for good ski touring. That road is accessed by turning off Hwy 1 on to Lybarger Road east of Malakwa. Not that far from the famous Last Spike site. It's a snow belt up there so be prepared. A VHF radio will be needed on weekdays if there's active hauling. Once snow flies if no logging you'll need a sled. Plenty more FSRs around there but I've only been up Gorge Creek. Mustang Powder & K2 are the cat skiing operations, check their sites for possible info on access.
    Last edited by mike31154; 10-07-2017 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Good pics, m
    those deer know where its safe and where the irrigated grocerys are.
    He, he, yessss. Coincidentally there was a letter in one of last week's issues of the Morning Star where the writer was admonishing some folks bow hunting a field in the Bella Vista area. Interesting read! Made me do a little research on local bylaws regarding firearms & weapons in city limits.... I will be building a tall fence between my front & back yards next year to try & keep them out of my garden. Will need to put netting on my grapes. They pretty well ruined my crop this year. I have a good sized property in an older part of town, but it's not the 2 hectares that seems to be the number in the bylaw to legally bow hunt. It gets a bit frustrating at times between the deer/raccoon raids & neighbour's loose felines using my garden as their kitty litter box.... but what're you gonna do, my hands are tied. Might get a live trap for the smaller critters.
    Last edited by mike31154; 10-07-2017 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Love your pics! Been following your posts since you started. I hope all your hard work pays off this season I'm in the same boat. 2 1/2 years and I'm still working towards my first as well.

Best of luck!
    Thx & best of luck to you. Mostly it's still all about getting off the couch & outdoors for me, but after a couple seasons it certainly would be cool to bag a critter. First season I had 2 pretty good opportunities that really got the adrenaline pumping, last year not so much other than bagging a duck. Perhaps season 3 will be the one.

Duck for dindin. Link to photo, Google+ doesn't seem to play nice with respect to embedding photos any more & I don't have this one on OneDrive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YT5...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pk1...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by mike31154; 10-07-2017 at 06:44 AM.