Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Albion and Harlock Island?

Re: Albion and Harlock Island?

They are white. Very clearly on the map. I figure get in to the slough in there and figure out where the markers are and you're good.

Deltawaterfowler, did you end up shooting here? I'm tempted to try it out during snow season

I didn't get a chance last season... but plan too this season now that my best friend has a boat. I've also got a trained hunting dog too which I'm super stoked to have in our kit.

Sounds awesome. Good luck in a couple weeks.

Hmm, I just looked at the Special Valley Area map as I hadn't really given it a look for the upcoming season, but noticed that they made one of the two islands off limits. Gotta wonder where these decisions come from. As if we don't have enough issues with land access and areas available to hunt as is... Good luck out there!

Just updating this for others' searches. I had a good conversation with the land manager of Natures Trust today. He confirms Harlock Island is available for hunting (though he had doubts it was of much hunting value). I've boated around there last year and it is ... hard to distinguish from the Alaksen wildlife refuge which of course is not available for hunting. You cannot get to Harlock from the refuge. You need a boat.

He also was open to anyone calling him to inquire about any of their properties which you can see on their access map. The contact info comes up when you hover over the property in question. He does see some activity on this forum but better to contact directly.

Go here and then scroll to see "View Interactive Map". https://www.naturetrust.bc.ca/conserving-land