Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Albion and Harlock Island?

Albion and Harlock Island?

Has anyone ever hunted either of these two islands? Personally I think being so close to the Reifel Island bird sanctuary one would have to have some cohones to hunt the islands, but out of sheer curiosity I'm wondering if anyone has done it.

Looking at the Fraser Valley Special area map, I believe the islands are the ones I've highlighted in yellow via Google Maps.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Albion and Harlock Island?

Both wide open, the south side of the Albion slough is the Reifel boundary, the signs are visible! K

Okay, we'll give it a shot next time out. I have plenty of snow and canada decoys that I'd like to put to good use.

Albion falls within the NWA/MBS, the signs are in the wrong place...Harlock (the small eastern island) is a nature trust island that is leased by the feds, as far as i know it is open for hunting.

Also, the Alaksen NWA boundary extends out into the Fraser to approximately mid channel from the eastern end of Harlock Island and runs to the eastern boundary of the NWA, so in front of the 'bay' is closed as well.

'rifle
    Nearly all people can stand adversity, but if you want to test a person's character, give them power.

Quote Originally Posted by longrifle View Post
    Albion falls within the NWA/MBS, the signs are in the wrong place...Harlock (the small eastern island) is a nature trust island that is leased by the feds, as far as i know it is open for hunting.

Also, the Alaksen NWA boundary extends out into the Fraser to approximately mid channel from the eastern end of Harlock Island and runs to the eastern boundary of the NWA, so in front of the 'bay' is closed as well.

'rifle
    That's not true, follow the Special Area map, it's accurate. I've hunted that area for more than 40 years and been checked by CO's there numerous times, as you well know, and that has never been an issue. The signs have been in the same place all this time, I'm sure if they were in the wrong place somebody would have corrected this by now. K PS. The slough that used to seperate the two islands is non exsistant now, having filled in years ago. K
    Last edited by f350ps; 10-19-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Have a boo at google earth with the CARTS overlays, the boundary's portrayed on there are incredibly close, if not exactly in line with the ortho photos used by CWS...

'rifle
    Nearly all people can stand adversity, but if you want to test a person's character, give them power.

Have a boo at google earth with the CARTS overlays, the boundary's portrayed on there are incredibly close, if not exactly in line with the ortho photos used by CWS...

'rifle
    Thanks, but I think I'll stick with the Special Area map! Rarely do I go past there on my way out front when there's not guys hunting there and I've never heard of anybody ever getting questioned or charged. Cheers! K

Watch out for those sneaky wardens...

'rifle

Watch out for those sneaky wardens...

'rifle
    Hahaha....I hear ya! K

But seriously, if one of those sneaky wardens was to ticket me for shooting there, do you for a second think it would stick if I'm following the Special area map? There's not a judge anywhere that wouldn't side with me as I'm following the rules set out by the map, and those islands are white! K