Thread: Looking for a Mentor

Looking for a Mentor

Hello,

I am new to hunting and am interested in learning about hunting as a skill and interest. I am new to the sport and have not purchased a firearm, high powered rifle, for hunting yet and am looking for someone willing to teach a noob the ropes of a proper hunt. I live in the lower mainland and have my PAL and recently completed the CORE course and am now hoping to be able to further my experience.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for a Mentor

Have found anyone to show youthe ropes.

Have you figured out whattype of caliber to get.

So many choices, and everyone had there preference., it seems there is a notion,bymost hunters, that the smaller is better,

Are you a chick and are you hot?

Hello Newbehunter,

I have not yet found anyone, but I have also been busy with work lately. I have a 22 and am willing to start with small game but as I have never hunted before i am not sure what are the procedures. I may just have to read through the bc hunting synopsis and do trial by fire; eventually working my way towards bigger game.

Don't know if you have a partner to go hunting with or not but I live in Surrey if you are game to take someone new to hunting with you.

Cheers,

Hank

Quote Originally Posted by newbehunter View Post
    Have found anyone to show youthe ropes.

Have you figured out whattype of caliber to get.

So many choices, and everyone had there preference., it seems there is a notion,bymost hunters, that the smaller is better,