Thread: General open season questions for moose in region 6

General open season questions for moose in region 6

EVENING ALL.

so I'm looking over the regs and have a simple question, like I said previously, been hunting Alberta all my hunting life.
    so here in BC, when I look at moose in region 6, I see
    moose ( any bull ) 6-1 to 6-11,6-15,6-30 open October 20-26 ( see the map in reference to the black triangle...........GOT IT.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************
    next
    6-17 to 6-19+, 6-20**, 6-21,6-22,6-23+,6-24 to 6-29, Bulls, August 20 to October 31, understanding the triangles for LEH in specific areas within each MU and closures , compulsory inspections,
    question is : are the remaining portions of these zones general open season, buy a tag and go ......YES OR NO., meaning are the remaining areas by LEH
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************************

6-19 , 6-23 bulls, Sept 1 to October 31 ( see clover leaf for legend, tripalm, spike-forkhorn ) question: understanding the antler configuration is this a general open season : buy a tag and go ? as long as the antlers meet the criteria..............YES OR NO,

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************************************

I would appreciate the advise.

thanks
    Graham

2. Site Sponsor

Re: General open season questions for moose in region 6

I have hunted region 6 for many years . Have been on the GOS season twice and its pretty much a gong show , lots of hunting camps and lots of guys runnning around on quads , the moose are around but you have to get away from all the activity like hiking up into the timber or taking a boat down a lake where there is no road access , good luck.

Hey Graham,

your question isn't all that clear. What MU do you want to hunt? Figuring out the regs is simpler if you know where exactly you want to go. Generally moose are open in unit 6, some areas are any bull, some have 10 point/tripalm/spike fork restrictions. and there are a few small areas that are the exception that are LEH only.

Why is everyone always so interested in 6? By far one of the hardest places due to above mentioned problems. Toss in lack of moose population, logging activity and the occasional Indian road block and it makes it really hard.

I agree there are some good places but knowing where to go and how to find them are hard.

Best of luck.

Been there done that ,GOS is a gong show never will we do that again

I accompanied two buds on an LEH hunt into Region 6 in 2015 and in the first 10 days I was there I was the only one who saw a moose. I did not have the LEH permit. I had to return to work and over the next week they finally got one each.

The campsites were not crazy busy either but there were numerous other LEH and bow hunters around. We looked hard high and low, used a canoe and an inflatable on lakes, portaged into a second lake from a lake by the road, bushwhacked down to river sides, tried everything.

Can't imagine what the place would be like during a GOS. I've heard the site we were at becomes a camper/trailer park.

I also went for the gos in 6-01 in 2015 , 3 adults and 3 boys in our camp . we arrived the day before the opener and figured we would tie a couple up and have the guts out of them on the first morning ...lol... we hunted hard and covered lots of ground and finally on the fourth day of the 5 day season we saw a cow and calf and a small bull , The only moose we saw on that trip . And the bull came home with us, It was slow and every campsite had other hunters at it . I will not waste the time again during the gos , But to each their own . Neil