Thread: gun boot mount on kodiak 450

gun boot mount on kodiak 450

So I broke down and finally bought a quad (2004 kodiak) due to all the gates here on the south island. I'm now trying to figure out what to do in terms of mounting my rifle. I have a gun boot mounting bracket, but its looking like I'll have to mount plywood on the rack in order to get a reasonable mount. I' have 2 cradle mounts on the front rack, for when I'm hunting, but I think i want a gun boot mounted on the back rack for more protection when travelling in.

How have y'all mounted these gun boots? is the back rack a good option, considering that I'll use the front cradles when i get into the prime area? what have you done on racks similar to the kodiak that are mostly tubes with only 1 bolt hole per side?

Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: gun boot mount on kodiak 450

Iv got a new 700 kodiak and have my gun boot on the back rack. No mods needed.

I have mine off the back rack behind the quad on a 45 degree angle . Totally out of the way and high enough it won't hang up on anything.

I had one on my 04 Kodiak, it used little u-bolts to mount to the tubes
    Proud member of the fringe minority!

Mine are on the rear racks, I have a cradle on the front also, but that just holds my beater shotgun for ditch chickens if I'm hunting them. You've got to get off the bike and load up anyway, having it in the boot doesn't take that much longer, and getting willow sap off your barrel sucks. You'll probably find you don't see that much from the bike anyway, they're great for getting into places, but I think most of the game just fades into the bush before you get there if you're going slow.