Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7-11 any bull moose LEH

Re: 7-11 any bull moose LEH

Thanks for all the encouragement. If I do go, I'll have to make sure I bring back some pictures so everyone can experience it vicariously.

Quote Originally Posted by tyyota View Post
    As long as you can find some like minded comrades to take along, I'd say 3 days hunting beats 0 days hunting!
    I'm definitely going hunting. Question is whether I'm going deer hunting near home, or trying for a moose. If I get lucky and get a deer between now and then, I'll be much more inclined to go for the Hail Mary to Moose Country

Whatever. I take it all back. Just go hunt. That's what I'd do, who cares about the odds.
    I just spent 5 days deer hunting in a place with no deer. Go have fun.
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

Good area. Not much for access but might not be much traffic either

The moose start moving to lower elevation come the snows in late oct early nov, it can concentrate the moose into different areas. It can be a good time to find them.

Can't kill a moose at home and your freezer does not fill up magically!!

if you don't go, you will regret it. Your trip is just not about hunting: it is about exploring, learning and enjoying the outdoors. Each time you go, you learn a little more, and just not about hunting, the area or moose, but also about yourself.

Go and have fun, you might not get a draw for a few years....or maybe never if this dam Gov gets it's way!!!

Good luck and do post up your experience!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

I've gone a far ways to a brand new area I've never been before, saw a bull on day 2, bull down day 3.

Go get your moose..

19 of the 20+ moose I have shoot have been from 7-11.....wish I had that draw! Would take two days (probably) to fill it, maybe three.....

Alright, follow up question I guess. I imagine (from what I've been reading elsewhere on the forum) that the rut will be winding down by October 20, so calling will not be as effective. What would be a good strategy? Should I sit down in a good looking area and call, hoping for an energetic bull, or would it be smarter to hike around and try to find them?

Id cover ground look for sign, and wouldnt rule out calling.

Smaller bulls will respond from mid September to the end of october... depending.... yes calling would still be viable on the 20