Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7-11 any bull moose LEH

7-11 any bull moose LEH

Hey HBC, I'm a new hunter, struggling with some decision making, so I'm looking for a bit of insight. I'm a newish hunter, been getting into it for about 5 years now, so far have taken a blacktail and a mule deer. Went moose hunting unsuccessfully last November, but I really know very little about moose hunting.

I got a shared any bull draw for 7-11 sep 10 - Nov 5. We were planning to take a couple weeks to hunt, but family issues have taken up a my holiday time, two of the group got a Bison draw and are doing that instead. Life happens, what can you do. I'm headed back to school in Nanaimo for 2nd year electrical October 16.

However, I do have 4 days free October 20-23. I could leave right after school on the 19th, get on the 3:20 ferry, and start driving (Google tells me it's 10 hours or so) drive through the night or sleep in the back of the truck somewhere. Hunt Friday /Saturday /Sunday and return Monday.

Should I do it? It's a huge amount of effort for 3 days of hunting, and I haven't been to the area. The logical part of me says don't bother, stay home and hunt deer, the other part of me says screw it, it's an adventure, it might be awhile before I get another draw.

Any insight into the area, or advice for a beginner is much appreciated.

I have a couple friends without draws who might be able to join me, I don't think I would do this alone.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 7-11 any bull moose LEH

Screw it, its an adventure!
    I have no new info on the area, I di hunt 7-11 for a number of years 15-20 years ago...... im just posting to motivate you to go is all!
    I drove from Victoria to PG with a buddy to look at a boat,, which he didn't buy and drove home all in one long go......

Giver don't be held back.

Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as you can find some like minded comrades to take along, I'd say 3 days hunting beats 0 days hunting!

do it, adventure awaits. A lot of guys do well in the GOS any bull season in region6 during Oct20-26. Bulls will be recovering from the rut, focusing on groceries. Try finding small pockets of browse in overlooked back corners of cut blocks. Some cow calling can still be effective too
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Your young,road trip and chance at a moose,no brainer.

Yup no question do it! You never know when you'll get another moose draw

I'm a bit of a maniac like that... driving all night, sleeping in the truck and hunting hard for 2 days. That being said, if I had 4-5 days I would consider it. And I got a bull there last year. And I know the area.
    its a real tough one to find a moose in. Lots of pressure from hunters. I hate to be the party pooper, but I'd put your real odds ( I'm assuming you're not an amazing moose caller, being a new hunter; no offence) at less than 5%. Really not trying to offend, but if you're going to go, get skilled experienced help who knows the area.

If if you do go, good luck, it can just happen!
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

Boooo you suck^^^ watch a YouTube video on calling and you will have it down in one night.