Hey HBC, I'm a new hunter, struggling with some decision making, so I'm looking for a bit of insight. I'm a newish hunter, been getting into it for about 5 years now, so far have taken a blacktail and a mule deer. Went moose hunting unsuccessfully last November, but I really know very little about moose hunting.

I got a shared any bull draw for 7-11 sep 10 - Nov 5. We were planning to take a couple weeks to hunt, but family issues have taken up a my holiday time, two of the group got a Bison draw and are doing that instead. Life happens, what can you do. I'm headed back to school in Nanaimo for 2nd year electrical October 16.

However, I do have 4 days free October 20-23. I could leave right after school on the 19th, get on the 3:20 ferry, and start driving (Google tells me it's 10 hours or so) drive through the night or sleep in the back of the truck somewhere. Hunt Friday /Saturday /Sunday and return Monday.

Should I do it? It's a huge amount of effort for 3 days of hunting, and I haven't been to the area. The logical part of me says don't bother, stay home and hunt deer, the other part of me says screw it, it's an adventure, it might be awhile before I get another draw.

Any insight into the area, or advice for a beginner is much appreciated.

I have a couple friends without draws who might be able to join me, I don't think I would do this alone.