Thread: my 6-29 grizzly / moose hunt

my 6-29 grizzly / moose hunt

Hey everyone

10 before we leave the engine blew in my truck egr went dumped coolant in the intake. so trade it in got a 10 f350 gas great except the box is different and my camper dint fit sold it got a beat up trailer wich discovered the leaks and rot
    so day one from Quesnel we made it to like 20 km down road trailers dragging come back cut the brakes out of trailer to keep from hanging up and new wheel bearings I'm already mad this is just a bad start knowing this could truly be the last year so finally get there sept 26 2 or 3 days late. We start checking out the partion trail well ill be hear comes the outfitter and his brother not happy wear there at all and after not wanting to leave the truck and gear there since there was problems with these guys also discovered the river was in bad shape for crossing. We went south to kelsall lake now I'm really getting frustrated hunters all over including many guys most only having a moose tag and not b.c guys. day one worst whether ever fog in cant get up high and glass day 2 same thing day 3 rolls in starts off foggy but clears up hike in every place we see not a single bear or moose day 4 really looking at things thinking its time to head home get to haines for fuel and just as new feeling of hope we decide to head back in well 630 boom big very big moose spotted easy 60 inch but they bed down as the weather turned day 5 hike hike hike wear going in wear this bull is well 5 hours of hiking and not even half ways in its a easy 20 km each way no way wear in shape to pack this out we decide to keep glassing not seeing anything expect hunters and now having a very swollen ankle not wanting to back out of this hunt. day 6 very early morning wake up to a propane leak in the trailer and nasty weather not winter just rain and wind. no snow wich i think would of pushed them down we finally decide to head home hardest decision i have had to make but barely able to walk and all the negative plus i discovered i brought the wrong hunting partner not driven by the drive i am and slow little ambition. mixed in there we caught natives poaching i the park using atv and utv in no motorized areas. i did see the sow and cub believe the natives there shot not being 100 percent we spotted bear like objects in the hills but to far to tell and simply to far up to get to. i have reported the natives but dont believe anything will be done. i know they looked mad with us in there. anyone know the rules for a alaskan / yukon native in the park can they shoot a sow and cubs and use atv in a no motor area ?

ill post pics soon gonna hunt reg 7 area

2. Site Sponsor

guest Guest

Re: my 6-29 grizzly / moose hunt

Not surprised by what you witnessed, and would be surprised if any thing is done. Two laws in this country is long long over done. It's dividing everyone. It is DISCRIMINATION in itself.

Not a politian in the country with any GUTS.

I may be wrong but I don't believe any vehicle closures apply to FN, they only apply to regular Canadians

Wow! Man if not for bad luck..was wondering if you were still alive..can't wait for the photos..and a phone call when your hair settles down.some HUGE moose and GRIZZLIES up there...
    However good on you for persevering when lesser men would have bailed..stand tall.
    Cheers
    Steven

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

the big moose was in this tree line

middle valley we think we seen a big bear not 100 percent.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

pictures

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.ede.7...97047650701631

haven't figured out how to post any other way yet.
    very big wild country be fit and be prepared.

to top this all off Saturday my new truck broke down ........ in the bush wile hunting.

Awesome photos.....Huge country up there. .
    Steven