Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hunters

New Hunters

I am taking two new hunters out when whitetail doe season opens and am hoping to get them each their first deer. Any suggestions around Kamloops or Kelowna...we are flexible as to the area...any suggestions on where to go would be very appreciated...not looking for your secret spot, just want some general ideas .PM me for suggestions.Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New Hunters

PM sent.......

Not to butt in but I'm actually in a similar position, one experienced hunter with two amateurs (I'm including myself in that). I've heard Grand Forks is a good place to go, but I've also heard that all the deer there stick to the city. Would love to find a place around 6 hrs from the LML (since we're all UBC students).

Welcome to the world of HUNTING
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Inbox is full buster..

got her cleaned up....

please delete delete
    Last edited by Busterbrown; 10-04-2017 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Welcome to the world of HUNTING
    Comments like this is what keeps people from contributing to this site. Taking two NEW hunters out, just looking for some help in getting two hunters hooked on our pastime..nothing will keep them coming back faster than a great experience and some success..I know it is hunting, been doing it for 50 years... I have helped numerous folks on this site in the past without posting a dickhead comment.. might be something you want to consider

If i was in your shoes i probably be looking at up in the Kristian valley 8-14.The last time we were up the whities were jumping around like rabbits. Keep in mind that mule deer are open for 4 point buck as well as elk 6 point and bigger til october 20. And spike fork moose november 1til 15 i believe.There is usually lodging available along the kettle river or in Rock Creek or if you have a strong trailer any one of the provincial campsites that are up there good luck

Thank you very much for the suggestion, I may head up CV If I remember, it does get pretty busy on the weekends, I can however do a midweek trip. Thanks again