Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First bison trip oct 16-31 zone B

First bison trip oct 16-31 zone B

So the wife and I were lucky enough to get a shared bison draw this year for 7-57 B oct 16-31, we are leaving mission oct 14 bright and early and driving to FSJ that day, we will spend the night somewhere in FSJ, maybe the Walmart parking lot unless someone has a better option, i have never being to FSJ before. Is there a place in FSJ where a guy could fill up his travel trailer with water?? I really don't want to pack that extra weight if I don't need to.
    Then oct 15 we will finish the drive to the airstrip where we will set up camp and spend the next two weeks looking to fill a few tags,
    this is are first trip up there, we've had a few friends and family memeber do the trip and shared a few tip but I'm more then will to get more if any one is willing to share
    thanks
    Sarge
    Magnums dont kill deer,,,, bullets do (Stick with a rifle. Let cupid shoot the arrows lol.)

2. Site Sponsor

guest Guest

Re: First bison trip oct 16-31 zone B

Maybe try a local fire hall for water, they are generally helpful.

Good or luck on your hunt. Maybe Pay some extra $$ if ya have to Sikani Outfitters, lodging, food and maybe some good info, it's kind of a once in a lifetime tag. Make the best of it.

You should find the RV sani dump site in FSJ...They should have potable water there.....Dennis.....Google it

Depends. It's been -5 overnight so they might have shut those off for the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by squamishhunter View Post
    Depends. It's been -5 overnight so they might have shut those off for the winter.
    That's what I'm worried about
    Magnums dont kill deer,,,, bullets do (Stick with a rifle. Let cupid shoot the arrows lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Maybe try a local fire hall for water, they are generally helpful.

Good or luck on your hunt. Maybe Pay some extra $$ if ya have to Sikani Outfitters, lodging, food and maybe some good info, it's kind of a once in a lifetime tag. Make the best of it.
    kind of looked in to it, it would be ok for my self but x2 is to rich for my Scottish/Jewish and a bit Dutch blood

dude screw the trailer rent a cabin at sitkanni river outfitters....When I was there 5 years ago it was $125/ night for a warm cabin MEALS INCLUDED...no brainer no stress...wake up, go in for breakfast, and go hunting right from there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    dude screw the trailer rent a cabin at sitkanni river outfitters....When I was there 5 years ago it was $125/ night for a warm cabin MEALS INCLUDED...no brainer no stress...wake up, go in for breakfast, and go hunting right from there!!!
    When I looked in to it, it was $125 a person x2 x14 day = $3500 to much of this Scotsman ( I could have miss understood) but to late now. Trailer it is

well ya if youre going for two weeks lol i went for 2 nights tagged out on the second day everyone else tagged out on the first day...but ya if youre going for that long then youre on the right track

Quote Originally Posted by sarg View Post
    When I looked in to it, it was $125 a person x2 x14 day = $3500 to much of this Scotsman ( I could have miss understood) but to late now. Trailer it is

How are you accessing the area. Do you have a quad?
    Resident hunter and proud of it!