Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First bison trip oct 16-31 zone B

Re: First bison trip oct 16-31 zone B

A little further north to Charlie Lake and a good rv site on the highway
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Try the Rotary RV Park just north of town.

250-785-1700

http://www.rotaryrvparkfsj.com/
    Drinking rum before 10 a.m. does not mean you are an alcoholic, it means you are a pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by bridger View Post
    How are you accessing the area. Do you have a quad?
    Ya we are being up 2 quads, so quad and hoofing it
    Magnums dont kill deer,,,, bullets do (Stick with a rifle. Let cupid shoot the arrows lol.)

If you are pulling a trailer in to the airstrip take chains for all four corners of your truck. We had the 1st-15th draw in there last year and the constant snowing/thawing/refreezing made some of those hills pretty nasty on the way out. PM me if you have any more specific questions happy to help

Some good points already talked about especially Renegadeowl, the hill down on the trip into the strip can be down right dangerous. Ive had 5 bison draws for B and half the time 4 chains are required. One year there were guys who couldn't get back up the hill cause they didn't bring chains and other years guys couldn't camp at the strip cause they couldn't get down the hill.

If its been -5 in the fort you will likely be looking at cold temps at the strip, are the tanks and lines in your trailer insulated and heated? if not you likely wont have water anyways. bring some jugs so you can assure you have water kept warm in the trailer.
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Sarg sent you a PM

Was up there yesterday and it was a typical fall day: dry, sunny, cool and lots of gold and yellow. Not much for traffic and pretty quiet for the area.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Sarg just fill up your water, who cares you might want spend an extra $ 30 on fuel at most, but if you're that cheap then find a place like Wonowon and see if they have water? I have Scottish buddies and I understand...
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

If you want you could stay in front of my house plug in and fill water if you want I'm in fsj

Quote Originally Posted by northernbc View Post
    If you want you could stay in front of my house plug in and fill water if you want I'm in fsj
    Thats a great offer thank you
    Magnums dont kill deer,,,, bullets do (Stick with a rifle. Let cupid shoot the arrows lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Sarg just fill up your water, who cares you might want spend an extra $ 30 on fuel at most, but if you're that cheap then find a place like Wonowon and see if they have water? I have Scottish buddies and I understand...
    Im more concerned about the extra weight, I'm already maxed out probably before adding water but if that's what I need to do then I'll do it