Thread: Christina Lake Turkey's

Christina Lake Turkey's

Hey fellas, I'm in Christina Lake today and can't seem to find any suitable land - all the turkeys I've seen are on private land. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Christina Lake Turkey's

I'd go 30 minutes up the highway over to Castlegar. Pile of birds over there.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Santa Rosa Rd in Christina Lake is supposed to have turkeys, I was there in the spring but the only turkeys I saw there were hens, and on private land. But a lot of the land out there (if you go far enough) is public, and the fall hunt is any sex, so you might have luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Awesome, is Castlegar a better option than Trail? Its about a 4 hour 1-way trip for me, I've seen a bunch if birds but most on private land - I actually pulled off the highway to pee and had a big Tom staring right at me on crownland....tried to grab my shotgun but he took off like a ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    If you can make it to Castlegar in 30 minutes you'll be exceeding the speed limit by a large margin.
    Santa Rosa Rd is a good bet around Christina Lake. Also back a few kms towards Grand Forks on the north side of the highway.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Quote Originally Posted by goatdancer View Post
    If you can make it to Castlegar in 30 minutes you'll be exceeding the speed limit by a large margin.
    Santa Rosa Rd is a good bet around Christina Lake. Also back a few kms towards Grand Forks on the north side of the highway.
    That's where I spooked the Tom but on the south side. The north side doesn't have a lot of tree cover, its mostly empty hills....are they roosting up there?

Quote Originally Posted by P11 View Post
    Awesome, is Castlegar a better option than Trail? Its about a 4 hour 1-way trip for me, I've seen a bunch if birds but most on private land - I actually pulled off the highway to pee and had a big Tom staring right at me on crownland....tried to grab my shotgun but he took off like a ghost.
    Lots of birds in both places on crown and private.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Try up Fife. Try ask permission. It'd tough with all of the land being private, but some people find turkeys a nuisance. If you strike out then Trail/Castlegar
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"