Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squamish Elk

Squamish Elk

This year I was extremely lucky and drew a Squamish elk tag in the LEH. I've been out scouting the last several weekends and haven't seen much sign or anything and nothing fresh this weekend since it rained on Friday. I've covered a lot of ground both in the truck and on foot. I've searched high and low. Down in the valleys and up in the clear cuts. I'm not asking for exact locations but if anyone has any info or tips or ideas of what type of terrain I should be looking for it would be greatly appreciated. My tag starts on October 10 and I'm taking that week off work to go hunting. Really hope I can make it happen that week. Thanks in advance for all the help.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Squamish Elk

The tag is for unit 2-6. Again any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank

Pemby_mess Guest

Wow! Lucky! Congrats!

best of luck with finding some elk in there. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Try elaho fsr. Cross The second bridge was lots of sign in the spring . And there is lots of pull outs to get onto the river flats. You will see lots of tracks and maybe one standing in them . Also lots of wolves. So pop one of u see one

With few tags allocated and this draw only open for a few years, there may not be much info. But elk have been seen by BOB lots of times.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Shovelnose creek area in that patch between the road and river hold elk seen the herds in there lots and I've found dead heads and sheds. If you hit branch 700 you've gone past shovelnose but I've seen the odd sign in the thick down low at branch 700. Buddy seen them up high on branch 800 blacktail hunting.

I was playing around with a good bull deer hunting up buck mountain across the ashlu bridge.

At 25km sign board the rd that forks to the right (if headed to elaho) when the snow hits that area is littered with tracks and TONNES of sign and I've found sheds and fresh sign through there year round.

A friend has seen them by shop 3 and the river by the bridge at 28km a few times I haven't bit haven't looked around there to much.

A native guy at work got the native draw so I'll see what he's been seeing. And I can come give you a hand if I connect on my Indian arm elk next week! If you haven't connected and aren't seeing too much.

The road is shit and I wouldn't waste my time going past the elaho bridge on the Squamish river side. And don't go to far out the elaho.

Thanks for the great info! I realize not many people have hunted for elk in this area but a lot of people do hunt here and was just wondering if anyone had seen anything in their travels. Thanks again

Any luck? Found any sign?

Haven't been out again since last weekend. Heading out again tomorrow and staying the week. Hoping I can at least figure out where they are by then

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybc View Post
    Haven't been out again since last weekend. Heading out again tomorrow and staying the week. Hoping I can at least figure out where they are by then
    i hope your calling? Bugle? Hootchie mama?
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”