Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Charged by a Grizz

Re: Charged by a Grizz

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    I heard Jake got mauled by a g bear near Fernie Friday. Lucky to be alive
    For sure, I saw some pictures of his leg. We figured 3 more bounds of that sow and we were in the same boat.
    KCCO

Holy crap.. that's insane. Glad you guys are ok!

Jesus thats TOO close ! Glad you pulled the trigger and are both safe and here to talk about it ! too many bears out there in my opinion and gonna get worst too ! jmo RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    For sure, I saw some pictures of his leg. We figured 3 more bounds of that sow and we were in the same boat.
    My worst nightmare... I will go down shooting
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Glad you're both ok. Unfortunately this will become more common with the NDP in gov't. Of course they will blame the hunter, or say the bears were just being bears. Me thinks our hunting days are coming to an end in this country. Liberal snowflakes are forcing their agenda around the world and hunting is high on their list of No No's. I would not put it past them, that they were out lighting forest fires so they can blame global warming, and of course...put an end to hunting, which has now begun.

Too close of a call for sure and glad to hear you both came out unscathed. Was the bear closer to your buddy or you when you spotted it? Scary shit
    HH

Glad to hear you weren't mauled. 10 yards is really close. Did both of you hit that bear? Good shooting under that pressure.
    Not uncommon in EK as I have had a similar situation bow hunting, but was lucky she ran the other way. Have to have your head on a swivel when calling for elk and moose!
    Live to Hunt...

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Jesus thats TOO close ! Glad you pulled the trigger and are both safe and here to talk about it ! too many bears out there in my opinion and gonna get worst too ! jmo RJ
    Exactly what I was going to say...number one thing is you and your bud are ok....and great shooting under a pressure situation....did you free hand aim, or through the scope? I would imagine at that distance you would have free aimed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Too close of a call for sure and glad to hear you both came out unscathed. Was the bear closer to your buddy or you when you spotted it? Scary shit
    HH
    We were both then exact same distance, he was just a step or 2 down hill. I was on the same trail it was and assume I was target number 1.
    Last edited by Rhyno; 10-01-2017 at 07:38 PM. Reason: damn auto correct
    KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Exactly what I was going to say...number one thing is you and your bud are ok....and great shooting under a pressure situation....did you free hand aim, or through the scope? I would imagine at that distance you would have free aimed?

They pointed, shot, then realized they shit themselves! Hey Ryno that about right? Glad you guys are ok holy f"$k that would get the blood moving