Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prince George Moose hunt

Re: Prince George Moose hunt

7-7 is a better area then 7-9. Less people and a bit further from town. Had the draw last year and called in a nice bull on September 27. Came to within 9 yards. Have hunted 7-9 lots and it is a tough go. Lots of draws given out and lots of hunters.

so far i have heard 4 or 5 different mu.s mention keep in mind which one is yours and watch out far co they do frequent the popular areas

Umm quit looming for moose loom for sign..moose will follow

There is lots of moose in willow river area, I have had more success in high hunted areas like this if you hunt in groups, just before sunrise try a push in a grown up slash, with willows thinker than you can imagine, have one or two who have clear sight lines where the moose will cross sit and wait while one walks through the slash slowly at first light, last time we did this I ended up shooting one in the thick willows and my father one that crossed the road. When the hunting gets rough you have to get into where no one else would dare go, good luck

Any estimates of the rut dates? We were starting to get responses to calling in that area on Sept 27 but had to leave. Wondering how long the rut will last.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Until the have drained themselves or weather gets warmer

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

-8 this morning, moose should have been bawling like crazy!!! This morning was a beauty for calling in bulls!! Gotta give them bulls lots of time to find you! You may be giving up on them too early!! I worked a bull for 2 days last year, killed him on morning number 3, -6 on the 3rd morning, he couldn't help himself!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

If your are hunting down low, try to find elevation. It has been warm and I think the big bulls are hanging up high and the rut will not necessarily bring them down. Maybe in the vicinity of Spruce Lake.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

thank you everyone for all the advice and well wishes. I am happy to say my wife and i called in a beautiful 7x7 moose in some higher elevation country about 2 hours after posting this. the weather dropped in temperature which i think helped.

Pictures or it didn't happen