Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prince George Moose hunt

Prince George Moose hunt

Hey guys. My family and I were lucky enough to get a group hunt for bull moose in the 7-9 region. Well we are here and have been hunting for 6 days now and no luck, I mean we haven't seen anything but squirrels. We started off in the Tabor lake area off hwy 16 and now have moved camp down to buck horn road and are hunting around st. Marie's lake and still haven't seen anything. Can anyone please help us out maybe with a little more insite or more detailed location. So far we have quaded and hiked, sat and called. Nothing is working. Any information would be really appreciated! We need the meat in the freezer!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Prince George Moose hunt

Patience is a virtue learned.

If your in the buck horn are travel south east towards the Willow River. Early rise and travel slow from lake to lake. Lots of good fishing out there too but also probably lots of people as well. It's a big area. They will be around

Prince George is a tough moose hunt!!

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Prince George is a tough moose hunt!!
    Been my experience too.

Bit of a drive to get there but maybe try the La Pierre Rd and the England Creek Rd. It is right before the Willow River on Highway 16.
    "Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward"

My son and I spent a few days @ Government Lake off the StoneBuck Road and saw a beauty 5x5 bullmoose friday @ 11am on the lake.No tag.Tough hunt for sure.They are there.Good Luck

All I ran into in the past week(six days of bush travels) was a nervous CO who made me get out of the truck and put my hands on the hood. I did see one gut pile in my travels, so someone had better luck than me.

I'm not real familiar with that area, but the moose are out there. The ruts going, the weather is getting better, keep trying you should get your chance, but try not to mess up, cause you might only get one . Hunt all day, when I'm in areas I'm not real familiar with I normally find a couple spots to concentrate on morning and evening, and spend the rest of the day looking for better spots and just checking new areas. Stay positive, good luck, shoot straight.

I just sent you a PM

This does not encourage me to charge up for my 7-07 leh draw this month. Hope you have some luck soon.