Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what should I wear ?

Re: what should I wear ?

Quote Originally Posted by coolhunter View Post

where can I buy cheap hunting clothes ? thx
    Coolhunter, I think you should change your username to "CheapHunter". First you want a cheap gun and now you want cheap camo. You have to be the cheapest guy on HBC. Sorry but I don't think there is a Value Village for duck hunting.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Haha, build yourself a guille suit, get some burlap sacks and weave weeds and twigs through it, you'll be ok, a cheap gun goes bang just as good as an expensive one
    If you Live Life with no risks, you risk living life at all!

dirty
    cheap gun
    cheap camo
    MORE MONEY for HUNTING
    holy underwear

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    Coolhunter, I think you should change your username to "CheapHunter". First you want a cheap gun and now you want cheap camo. You have to be the cheapest guy on HBC. Sorry but I don't think there is a Value Village for duck hunting.
    wow, little dirtygirl
    I had Browning A-Bolt II 3006 with Boss +Leupold .It was cheap gun.I know.but, What kind of expensive gun did you have ?
    Last edited by coolhunter; 08-05-2007 at 11:01 AM.
    enjoy life !

Dont be abusive to other members especially with 38 posts
    If you Live Life with no risks, you risk living life at all!

Oh boy here we go.... anyways, cheap camo? Surplus Herbies....if you're anywhere near Kamloops or Williams Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by CHilko21 View Post
    Oh boy here we go.... anyways, cheap camo? Surplus Herbies....if you're anywhere near Kamloops or Williams Lake.
    thx,I bought it from U.S. It's only $135 ! You know ,It's more cheap than CA.I mean same camo.Why don't some people wanna save money ?
    Last edited by coolhunter; 08-05-2007 at 11:22 PM.
    enjoy life !

everyones just too rich these day lol

I'm no expert, but what I have learned in the past few years is that wearing clothing in subdued natural tones and making best use of natural cover as a blind can be effective. The camo is nice to have and I admit I just spent over $200 on a bunch of it, but it's not essential.

I mean I have been out there in my dark green Helly Hansen fishermen's rain gear hding behind a home-made blind of old gunny sacks tucked against a natural hedge of bushes and reeds and knocked ducks down.

Like Ian says, don't move when you see them coming in.

I would recommend some waders, a good rain jacket with a hood, and neoprene gloves. It is always wet above and below you when you are hunting ducks. I would be more concerned about being warm and dry then wearing the latest max-4 fashions.
    Hooked on quack.