Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: No ATV use in 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30

Re: No ATV use in 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    You all best hang onto your hats cause the rumour is full on ban province wide for use of quads for hunting in the works.
    I would suspect that rumour is just that.

But realistically speaking, what difference does a "no-ATV" rule really mean for hunting in 3-29, 3-29 and 3-30?

The roads are open for regular motor vehicles so if you want to road hunt, go ahead, and if you want to get out and hunt on foot there's nobody stopping you from doing that either.

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    You all best hang onto your hats cause the rumour is full on ban province wide for use of quads for hunting in the works.
    Would not surprise me

This does not surprise me in the "age of reconciliation" but how long does it need to continue before we say enuff is enuff?
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

3-28 didn't even see a fire did it?

Knew this would be next after the mysterious fires that swept so much of BC. My spidey senses tell me these fires were deliberately set by Liberal snowflakes, to advance their global warming/climate change BS and put a stop to hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Slayer View Post
    Knew this would be next after the mysterious fires that swept so much of BC. My spidey senses tell me these fires were deliberately set by Liberal snowflakes, to advance their global warming/climate change BS and put a stop to hunting!
    Ok now that's some tinfoil hat thinking right there lmao

As backwards as the race based exception is I welcome this news. I'd be for a permanent ban on crown land for all ATV use off the FSR. Anything to get less vehicles in the backcountry.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway View Post
    As backwards as the race based exception is I welcome this news. I'd be for a permanent ban on crown land for all ATV use off the FSR. Anything to get less vehicles in the backcountry.
    No, more bans are bad...what they really need to do is make more logging companies do their due diligence, and de activate more spur FSR roads...people can't tell me that quads will always get through, because I have found good cutbblocks where no quad or any vehicle would get through..

Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway View Post
    This is an ATV ban for hunting only won't change joy riders. This is to impact none FN hunting nothing more

Rarely use atv for hunting myself but would not support a atv ban that only targets hunters

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    3-28 didn't even see a fire did it?
    About 500ha thuya creek fire..90 % steep ground fire. No improved access. Worst burn area adjacent to thuya fsr cannot for life of me reason why 3-28 is included in ban...
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)