Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: No ATV use in 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30

Hybrid View

No ATV use in 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30

http://www.wltribune.com/news/vehicle-restrictions-in-place-to-protect-big-game-in-wildfire-ar

To protect big game wildlife in areas severely affected by the summer’s wildfires the province announced late Friday it is putting two motor vehicle restrictions in place.

Wildfires in the Thompson and Cariboo regions have enabled motor vehicle access by hunters to remote moose and mule deer habitats that were previously only accessible by foot, the Ministry of Forests said in a press release, noting in addition, loss of vegetation from fires has significantly increased lines of sight for hunters.

Under the wildlife act, there are now restrictions in the Elephant Hill fire area of the Thompson region and within the Chilcotin Plateau and Hanceville-Riske Creek fires, effective until Dec. 10, 2017.

In the Elephant Hill fire area the use of ATVs for the purpose of licensed hunting is prohibited within Management Units 3-28, 3-29, and 3-30, and that portion of Management Unit 3-17 north of Highway 99.

Within the Chilcotin Plateau and Hanceville-Riske Creek fire areas the use of all motor vehicles for the purpose of licensed hunting is prohibited except on designated highways and mainline forestry roads.

The restrictions are expected to be in place until access and visibility conditions return to a state where wildlife are less vulnerable, the ministry said, noting the new restrictions do not apply to First Nations exercising Aboriginal rights to hunt.

Government will monitor the effectiveness of the restrictions and dependent on the review, further hunting restrictions may be implemented.

As wildfires in the East Kootenays have also been severe, the Province is currently reviewing their extent and impact on wildlife, which may lead to further access restrictions, the ministry noted.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: No ATV use in 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30

the new restrictions do not apply to First Nations
    I am so f*cking tired of the racism in Government policy in BC toward non-aboriginals.

Quote Originally Posted by Five View Post
    I am so f*cking tired of the racism in Government policy in BC toward non-aboriginals.
    Same here.......

I think all use of ATV's in the province should be banned , Native and non-native. the only people who can use an ATV for hunting,
    should be a senior ( over 65 ) or a handicapped person. As far as I'm concerned , don't call yourself a hunter, if thats all you do is
    drive around and around looking for game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbuck View Post
    I think all use of ATV's in the province should be banned , Native and non-native. the only people who can use an ATV for hunting,
    should be a senior ( over 65 ) or a handicapped person. As far as I'm concerned , don't call yourself a hunter, if thats all you do is
    Yessir. I think you're right.

I have never hunted with my ATV, however don't tell me I can't, but another can because of his skin color.

Jeez, I'm all of the above and I've shot lots of animals well riding my quad? Wonder what I'm do'in wrong? Maybe it's cuz I ain't ripp'in around at 50 MPH? Or maybe it's just cuz I know where the moose and deer are, don't know? If I knew how to post pic's I'd just love to show you 8 or 10 pic's of some of the critter's I've taken over the last number of years well rid'in my quad! And I've done all of this well being a Elder (over 60), and being handicapped and being one of them "Natives" too! And just cuz I hunt off my quad doesn't make me any less of a hunter than someone who doesn't hunt from a quad, it makes me someone who own's a quad and likes to go home with a dead animal strapped on the back rack! I follow the rules sames as you, and if our so called government say's I can hunt off my quad, I'm going too, same as 99 percent of every other person out there would! Maybe, just for fun, take a drive all over the area's so mentioned by our government where "just Natives" are allowed to ride there quads for hunting purposes this fall and let me know how many Natives you see from dawn till dusk, I'm just guess'in you'll see more Immature bull moose runn"in down the roads than quads with Natives at the wheel!

Rights ! Rights ! sick and tired of native rights.
    Traditional ways of hunting and fishing I am okay with that. Since when were Quads a tradional way of native hunting. Absolute F--KING BULL SHIT.
    There will be trouble if this keeps going on
    ONE SETOF RULES FOR ALL.

the new restrictions do not apply to First Nations exercising Aboriginal rights to hunt.
    Well that's a kick in the nuts for the non-native hunters

use of all motor vehicles for the purpose of licensed hunting is prohibited
    Why thi f""k don't just say white people aren't allowed to use motor in those areas. If the Fricking government don't quit kissing native ass there might be a rebellion.