Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: No ATV use in 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30

Re: No ATV use in 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30

So, would you not think it would be open for spring bear, according to the dates?

Quote Originally Posted by white moose View Post
    So, would you not think it would be open for spring bear, according to the dates?
    u
    ATV for Hunting Closed Areas:
    The
    oper
    ation
    of all ATVs to
    hunt wildlife,
    transpo
    rt wildlife
    , tr anspo
    rt equipment
    and supplies which are intended for
    or in suppor
    t of hunting,
    or transpo
    rt
    hunters to and from the location
    of
    wildlife is prohibited
    in Management
    Units 3-28,
    3-29 and
    3-30
    , and that
    portion
    of M.U. 3-17 north of
    Highway
    from Sept 1 to Dec 10.

Looks to me like ATV is fine unless you are hunting Sept 1 to Dec 10, which is good for bear season and wouldnt hurt to get rid of a few more predators
    Last edited by LYKTOHUNT; 03-24-2018 at 11:40 AM.

That's how I read it. Some people cant see it I guess

There is nothing worse than parking at the start of a trail and walk in and have a couple atvs roar up past you and not even stop to B.S.

I heard that it happened to a guy and the ATVs were at the trail and he ripped their gas lines off and went home.

Google search " identity politics"and listen or read a few articles. Try " the dangers of identity politics "
    I think you will get a clearer picture of the Why. But think about the shit storm a while back with the Resident guide conflict. That fight was promoted using the same identity politics. It is a common political strategy but who gains?
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    There is nothing worse than parking at the start of a trail and walk in and have a couple atvs roar up past you and not even stop to B.S.

I heard that it happened to a guy and the ATVs were at the trail and he ripped their gas lines off and went home.
    While I agree somewhat about hiking up a trail and having a couple of atvs (or mountain bikers or other hikers or cross country skiers or anyone who gets ahead of me) pass you and not even stop to BS is a bit rude, and then saying you heard it happened to a guy... I will take with a grain of salt. It does bring up a request for clarity question though - were the atvs allowed on that trail? If so, you can piss and moan all you want but all you are saying is you want to restrict that groups passion such as hunting is to us. If the atvs were not supposed to be there - report them - they all have plates (or should) - I don't have a problem with consequences for my actions (I'm a non-millennial obviously) . I've owned and operated atvs/utvs since my first in 1984. I have over 100,000kms under my belt on these (for sure more but that's beside the point). I have always made a point of slowing down past hikers/others on a trail/road as courtesy and I know all don't - that is a problem, I usually at least say hello. I follow most the rules set out and I still have these crusty buggers that think I shouldn't be somewhere - fair enough, to each their own BUT if I came back to find my machine screwed with you would see an entirely different person than that courteous polite fellow that went by you earlier. I do put up game cams on occasion when I park in areas I've had conflict before just in case some lowlife decides he thinks he knows what's best.
    Tick tock, tick tock...waiting for hunting season...

[QUOTE=303savage;199496

I heard that it happened to a guy and the ATVs were at the trail and he ripped their gas lines off and went home.[/QUOTE]

That would be a very DANGEROUS thing to do to my ATV Im Not Recommending anyone ever do that ! RJ

Do not, commit, a criminal activity, on, no one, especially, hunters or others in the bush. This, is beyond, what the public wants to see, or have done, in BC, especially, we have lots, of access to world class, wilderness, all around, us, especially, in Reg 3.

Jel -- hands off other's property -- no touchy -- let's choose, to obey, the laws, of the land, folks -- B.C. is the greatest place to live and hunt - let's keep it like dat!
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-24-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Do not, commit, a criminal activity on no one, especially hunters or others in the bush. This is beyond what the public wants to see or have done in BC especially we have lots of access to world class wilderness all around us especially in Reg 3.

Jel -- hands off other's property -- no touchy --
    Yes Sir - As much as it pisses a GUY off ! people cannot Touch- Harm others property ! I would have liked to Flatten some tires a few times myself BUT common sense kept me from it ! JD

Quote Originally Posted by Dbuck View Post
    I think all use of ATV's in the province should be banned , Native and non-native. the only people who can use an ATV for hunting,
    should be a senior ( over 65 ) or a handicapped person. As far as I'm concerned , don't call yourself a hunter, if thats all you do is
    drive around and around looking for game.
    Jeez, I'm all of the above and I've shot lots of animals well riding my quad? Wonder what I'm do'in wrong? Maybe it's cuz I ain't ripp'in around at 50 MPH? Or maybe it's just cuz I know where the moose and deer are, don't know? If I knew how to post pic's I'd just love to show you 8 or 10 pic's of some of the critter's I've taken over the last number of years well rid'in my quad! And I've done all of this well being a Elder (over 60), and being handicapped and being one of them "Natives" too! And just cuz I hunt off my quad doesn't make me any less of a hunter than someone who doesn't hunt from a quad, it makes me someone who own's a quad and likes to go home with a dead animal strapped on the back rack! I follow the rules sames as you, and if our so called government say's I can hunt off my quad, I'm going too, same as 99 percent of every other person out there would! Maybe, just for fun, take a drive all over the area's so mentioned by our government where "just Natives" are allowed to ride there quads for hunting purposes this fall and let me know how many Natives you see from dawn till dusk, I'm just guess'in you'll see more Immature bull moose runn"in down the roads than quads with Natives at the wheel!