Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: No ATV use in 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30

Re: No ATV use in 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30

Hmm if you shut it down IN THE NAME OF CONSERVATION..it's not challegable. .it supercedes natives agendas.
    Shut it down in those regions for conservation.
    Hmm i am old and considered physically handicapped..the quad now gets me into areas ON TRAILS.to hunt..maybe those that don't or can't buy one might consider those that need them..and maybe they just might get old..or get hurt..and d need the help.
    The bullshit the natives are peddling on just them..their hereditary rights..well ride a horse..and stop selling the meat outside the traditional government liquor store !
    Yes I have seen the reserve hunters in action..in a good way on Kitwanga" reserve.yes helping the old, the handicapped..it did work well there but strict limits..and very strict days out hunting..no trophies..meat..
    I was there building in their church..a pulpit..some repairs as a woodworker..saw it the day they came in with 5 moose..cut it up and delivered with respect. .so it does happen.
    Srupp

the new restrictions do not apply to First Nations exercising Aboriginal rights to hunt.
    Well that's a kick in the nuts for the non-native hunters

the new restrictions do not apply to First Nations
    The first nations did not have ATVs so why does the restrictions not apply to them?
    Getting tired of the 2 tiered hunting and fishing regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by white moose View Post
    Logically i'm guessing you can. Closure was just til the end of last years hunting season. Why ask and make a federal case about it?

If if you read the closure notice, it is obvious that the closure is for the long haul and not just a 3 month span. Why ask? Cause I want to know. The closure states, “the restrictions are expected to be in place until access and visibility conditions return to a state where wildlife is less vulnerable.” Bc wildfire service put in a huge number of firebreaks and these run through all the clear cuts and trails everywhere in the area I used to hunt, giving animals very little cover amongst an area that now provides very easy access. The area is burnt out and you can see for what seems like miles through the burnt out vegetation and fallen debris. Between August and now, that region will not have returned to a state where these firebreaks have grown over and access has been reduced. So based on their reason for the restriction, logically the restriction would still be in place and not just for 3 months of one hunting season. Those that reside in the area know how how areas of these regions were decimated by fire. Given it was closed for hunting in the fall, I assume most haven’t seen it and haven’t had their jaw hit the floor yet, but will when they do. If bears made it through the winter having little food in late fall, predator control would be beneficial for these areas hit hard by fire.

hparrot folks, read thee above and know, the score for sure, on what's actually been studied and viewed, in these Management Units ---- ---
    Jel
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-24-2018 at 09:31 AM.

The closure says til Dec10th so why wouldn't it be open this spring?

use of all motor vehicles for the purpose of licensed hunting is prohibited
    Why thi f""k don't just say white people aren't allowed to use motor in those areas. If the Fricking government don't quit kissing native ass there might be a rebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    Why thi f""k don't just say white people aren't allowed to use motor in those areas. If the Fricking government don't quit kissing native ass there might be a rebellion.
    Because east India’s, black and Asian people are not allowed to either lol

I get your point it’s racist just had to poke a little fun

Quote Originally Posted by white moose View Post
    The closure says til Dec10th so why wouldn't it be open this spring?
    I think you are looking at the wrong thing. The closure in question is an amendment that was added after last fire season and has no listed dates. My understanding is the closure is "until further notice" which I don't believe will be lifted anytime soon, if ever.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sp...orrections.pdf

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sp...phanthills.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    I think you are looking at the wrong thing. The closure in question is an amendment that was added after last fire season and has no listed dates. My understanding is the closure is "until further notice" which I don't believe will be lifted anytime soon, if ever.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sp...orrections.pdf

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sp...phanthills.pdf
    No the update was then added into the actual regs for 16-18 and highlighted in red, with the specific dates.