Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: No ATV use in 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30

Re: No ATV use in 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30

Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    While this may be true who's to say that that the stable success rate is not because of the use of quads. With technological change I feel it's a mistake to assume that stable harvest rates mean there is no problem. I have hunted the area that Bugle M IN mentions and his comments are spot on.Guys that are running their quads up there could be charged for at least 3 offences under the rules for site and access restrictions. I don't think either of us are seeking a ban on quads but because there aren't the funds for proper enforcement a ban is the easiest way that the powers that be have available to them. If you read the regs there are definitions for motorcycles, quads/atvs, motor vehicles and vehicles. It reads to me that quads are restricted to roads that a "vehicle" can travel, and I understand a vehicle to mean something that is licensed for highway use. So keep them on the FSR roads and spurs or other roads that a "vehicle" can travel. They shouldn't be used to make trails into pristine game habitat because people are to lazy to walk in or pack out their animal. The game is there because it's undisturbed.
    Explain to us in the context of antler restrictions, shortened seasons, and widespread use of LEH, with the majority of harvest being male animals, the scientific basis for your position.

You'll have to highlight conservation concerns, rather than the "I don't like it when a quad rides by me" standard social answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

um so here is a sticking point...you can drive your quad if you are not legally hunting...so can you carry a rifle if you are not legally hunting?...if so then who is to say you are even hunting..perhaps just joyriding with a gun on board...so you spot some game.....get off the quad...walk over ...shoot it on foot and drive off till dark...come back at dark (because you can not legally hunt at night) and retrieve your game....I klnow I am being over the top about it but it seems unenforceable to me...

I don't want to see Quads banned.
    I myself don't own one, but as I get older, it may be my only way to hunt.
    I have friends with Quads, and they use them responsibly.
    Meaning, they stay on the roads.
    The advantage of them is that they can get into some roads that have been partly deactivated (for water run out),
    in which are too deep for trucks to go thru.
    They are cheaper on gas, and guys don't have to worry about busting up their trucks as much etc (as some have mentioned)
    I just would like to see them "stay on roads and spur roads only" and some trails that are "approved" for quads.
    One thing in the right direction was to have them "licensed", but more importantly, have "plates" on them.
    If they are breaking the rules, at least now they can be reported easier.
    But, again, they should be banned for going off road completely (that's my opinion).
    The bigger issue is the OP, and allowing FN the right to drive/quad in, while we have to walk in.
    If it is such a "sensitive zone" due to the fires, then why is one group given "full access with vehicles"
    Again, it should be fair/eqaul, straight across the board...(nothing racist there )

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I don't want to see Quads banned.
    I myself don't own one, but as I get older, it may be my only way to hunt.
    I have friends with Quads, and they use them responsibly.
    Meaning, they stay on the roads.
    The advantage of them is that they can get into some roads that have been partly deactivated (for water run out),
    in which are too deep for trucks to go thru.
    They are cheaper on gas, and guys don't have to worry about busting up their trucks as much etc (as some have mentioned)
    I just would like to see them "stay on roads and spur roads only" and some trails that are "approved" for quads.
    One thing in the right direction was to have them "licensed", but more importantly, have "plates" on them.
    If they are breaking the rules, at least now they can be reported easier.
    But, again, they should be banned for going off road completely (that's my opinion).
    The bigger issue is the OP, and allowing FN the right to drive/quad in, while we have to walk in.
    If it is such a "sensitive zone" due to the fires, then why is one group given "full access with vehicles"
    Again, it should be fair/eqaul, straight across the board...(nothing racist there )
    I would like to see the answer some of the decision makers would have in reference to your questions bugle, I dont have a quad either but was thing about getting one, I'm going to re-think that now.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    um so here is a sticking point...you can drive your quad if you are not legally hunting...so can you carry a rifle if you are not legally hunting?...if so then who is to say you are even hunting..perhaps just joyriding with a gun on board...so you spot some game.....get off the quad...walk over ...shoot it on foot and drive off till dark...come back at dark (because you can not legally hunt at night) and retrieve your game....I klnow I am being over the top about it but it seems unenforceable to me...
    No, wideopenthrottle, they got you covered. Here is the language they use, the same as other motor restrictions in the Province: "The operation of All Terrain Vehicles to hunt wildlife, transport wildlife, transport equipment and supplies which are intended for or in support of hunting, or transport hunters to and from the location of wildlife is prohibited in the area outlined...". I would assume this language has been tested in court, it has been around for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert Retired View Post
    No, wideopenthrottle, they got you covered. Here is the language they use, the same as other motor restrictions in the Province: "The operation of All Terrain Vehicles to hunt wildlife, transport wildlife, transport equipment and supplies which are intended for or in support of hunting, or transport hunters to and from the location of wildlife is prohibited in the area outlined...". I would assume this language has been tested in court, it has been around for a while.
    in 3:28 we just got rid of this language..go back a couple years and see that snowmobiles were not permited for hunting...and that regulation went back to late 60s early 70's...finaly predator hunter(cougar) could use a sled....which benefits folks who hunt ungulates.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

So, horshur, I'm listening. How do we get rid of this ATV ban in 3-28?

I don't know....
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk19 View Post
    i just don't get it . When is the Gov't going to stop segregating.
    NEVER. This is just the thin edge of the vice, so far.

I will pack my rifle even if i am ONLY exploring the country - I have the RIGHT to protect myself while out HIKING ! There are G Bears and Black Bears in that area of country ! The Gov can go Phuck themselves I will take my chances with a JUDGE if they want to Charge me with WHAT ? PROTECTING myself from a Bear attack if NESS while out in the Boondocks ? jmo RJ