Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: No ATV use in 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30

Re: No ATV use in 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30

Amen brother

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    http://www.wltribune.com/news/vehicle-restrictions-in-place-to-protect-big-game-in-wildfire-ar

To protect big game wildlife in areas severely affected by the summer’s wildfires the province announced late Friday it is putting two motor vehicle restrictions in place.

Wildfires in the Thompson and Cariboo regions have enabled motor vehicle access by hunters to remote moose and mule deer habitats that were previously only accessible by foot, the Ministry of Forests said in a press release, noting in addition, loss of vegetation from fires has significantly increased lines of sight for hunters.

Under the wildlife act, there are now restrictions in the Elephant Hill fire area of the Thompson region and within the Chilcotin Plateau and Hanceville-Riske Creek fires, effective until Dec. 10, 2017.

In the Elephant Hill fire area the use of ATVs for the purpose of licensed hunting is prohibited within Management Units 3-28, 3-29, and 3-30, and that portion of Management Unit 3-17 north of Highway 99.

Within the Chilcotin Plateau and Hanceville-Riske Creek fire areas the use of all motor vehicles for the purpose of licensed hunting is prohibited except on designated highways and mainline forestry roads.

The restrictions are expected to be in place until access and visibility conditions return to a state where wildlife are less vulnerable, the ministry said, noting the new restrictions do not apply to First Nations exercising Aboriginal rights to hunt.

Government will monitor the effectiveness of the restrictions and dependent on the review, further hunting restrictions may be implemented.

As wildfires in the East Kootenays have also been severe, the Province is currently reviewing their extent and impact on wildlife, which may lead to further access restrictions, the ministry noted.

Haven't been to these area's since the fires, don't understand 3-28 and most of 3-29..

Whats up with that?
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Time to hike with your gun now if your going to see a nice buck.
    Walk up a closed road for atv and maybe see a good buck, a nice meat buck, BANGO!
    Jel -- CLOSED 4 OFF ROAD VEE HIC CALZ -- these boots R made 4 warkin and datz jis whad daydo

I agree with one law for all and scientific based conservation. If the critters are over exposed in an area because of easyer access I'm all for access restrictions.

What I don't agree with is: identifying that there's a conservation risk then deciding that the wildlife is less valuable than preserving FN privilege.

I'd hope that the bands in these areas show some respect for conservation and restrict access of their members as well.

Quote Originally Posted by carnivore View Post
    I guess the FN have a constitutional and treaty right to hunt, while for "white eyes" it is a privilege.
    That is how I read it. The NDP cannot ban atv use for aboriginal hunting because it would be unconstitutional...they would lose in court and then be criticized for doing something only a stupid liberal would do. hehe

Nothing unconstitutional about restricting vehicular access for all.

Conservation trumps aboriginal rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Time to hike with your gun now if your going to see a nice buck.
    Walk up a closed road for atv and maybe see a good buck, a nice meat buck, BANGO!
    Jel -- CLOSED 4 OFF ROAD VEE HIC CALZ -- these boots R made 4 warkin and datz jis whad daydo
    Yep, love it!

Have a great experience being out there this year all!! #figureitoutanddoit
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

NDP has drawn a line in the sand.

They are all in for native charm and their tall tales.

And on it will go till the pendulum has swung as far as it can.

What happens then? Civil war?
    Blacktailaholic