Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some help re: grizzly bear research

Re: Need some help re: grizzly bear research

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post
    I might be mistaken, but because of BC LEH system the areas where grizzlies are hunted are not in these parts of the province that the populations are at risk. The whole point of the LEH system is to limit where and how many animals can be taken. Grizzly bears are the only species that is strictly LEH.
    Mr. Moola says that the BC govt is wrong about the numbers of grizzlies in the province. He says it is hard to estimate because of high cost of research. My question to mr. Moola is. How does he know this? Has he done the research? Have they spent the high cost to do the research?
    You are correct abou the LEH, except bison are also all LEH..I would ask mr Moola the same questions.....and, the biggest loss in grizzly populations is habitat habitat habitat..

I forwarded the article to a friend of mine to review and get his expert opinion seeing he is a grizzly bear field researcher.
    He basically laughed and said most of the information is simply untrue.
    (All the BS about population sizes, overhunting, Alberta pops in decline are all untrue.)

GB numbers are growing in Alberta and are expanding their range.
    The number of documented GB encounters in Alberta are way up.....and in new areas where GB's were not a part of the landscape.
    Hunting is not a driving factor in GB populations.

Pointless to engage these groups that misuse facts as there is no ground to be gained.
    They will continue create, manipulate and massage science for their emotional agendas.

It's like getting mad at a midget for being short.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Gary Shelton

Postscript - the fact I posted here looking for links to research came up in my Facebook dialogue with Mr. Moola.

If you doubted that groups/people beyond BC hunters monitor these forums, here's further proof that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by glennw89 View Post
    Postscript - the fact I posted here looking for links to research came up in my Facebook dialogue with Mr. Moola.

If you doubted that groups/people beyond BC hunters monitor these forums, here's further proof that happens.
    "Interesting" how the likes of Faisal have a problem with comments like "needs a shit kicking", but fail to mention the countless numbers of people who post on social media about how hunters need to be killed, their heads mounted on a wall, their families murdered. Laughable really.

And I really hope nobody believes forums such as this aren't monitored....

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    "Interesting" how the likes of Faisal have a problem with comments like "needs a shit kicking", but fail to mention the countless numbers of people who post on social media about how hunters need to be killed, their heads mounted on a wall, their families murdered. Laughable really.

And I really hope nobody believes forums such as this aren't monitored....
    And I bet while saying how they wish those things on hunters, most of them eat meat...