Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-hunter target shooting

Re: Non-hunter target shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    I highly doubt that, but anything is possible.

The mills I know have metal detectors. As well lead is pretty soft.

I've cut through 1/2" steel rods on a table saw by accident (hidden in a laminated hardwood table top) with no problems, so I'm guessing a mill saw blade would cut through a bullet like butter if it made it through the metal detectors.
    Like I said, anecdotal. Back in the 80's a guy died in California from a likely tree spike in a log he was cutting. I've heard they make a mess of chainsaw blades too.

Last October the 2nd in the bush in Moose country.... we were calling one in and...
    some jackass starts blasting away at 8am. Horrifying. Tell your bud to be considerate.
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

Scary how many gun owners don't know the rules of transport or storage or ownership
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

It would be worth mentioning to him that it might not be taken kindly to by any nearby hunters . . .
    Oh yeah, that's for sure.
    Been driving once down an old spur road in Coquihala area (more scouting than hunting), closer to intersection with a main FSR heard a couple of shotgun shots. And what do ya think we saw when got to the intersection? A bunch of guys setting up for clay\target shooting, aiming towards the very branch road we were driving down! I think there was the whole family, an older gentleman, 2-3 young guys, a girl in her late teens or early twenties.
    That was pretty unpleasant encounter.

I'm with the "it's legal but be prepared to convince the CO that you were not hunting" crowd.
    Ditch the camo, your skinner, the game bag and anything that could point towards you hunting to help eliminate problems.
    Also agree with the respecting hunters opinion, try to avoid them.
    Around here there are a couple of "quarries" that are used as de facto ranges. One is reasonably away from areas frequented by hunters, the other is right in the middle of a popular hunting area - use the one that is not frequented.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Scary how many gun owners don't know the rules of transport or storage or ownership
    It doesn't help that the laws are written so vaguely that they can be interpreted in the broadest sense of the words.

Thanks Guys, I knew I could count on you, ribber