Thread: Daughter wants to go Rabbit hunting...where should we go...

Daughter wants to go Rabbit hunting...where should we go...

Hey there, my daughter wants to go hunting for her first time. She wants to go for bunnies, and or bush chicken. The guys and I always go for week long hunts, further away. But for this one, it's a 1 nighter. Im not very familiar with the near by areas. Any location recommendations for heading up on a Friday afternoon, within a couple hrs of the valley? Any help is appreciated! I'd love to see her get something on her first time out.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Daughter wants to go Rabbit hunting...where should we go...

Try back side of Harrison. .

Back side being east, or west?
    Last edited by Long_shot; 09-27-2017 at 11:47 PM.

I've never seen a rabbit at West Harrison, we've gone up past Chehalis (past and down Mystery FSR) many times, more times that I probably ever should have to be honest. We've heard a grouse there but never seen one, and we've looked. We do see deer but never during hunting season. I think we even saw the Elk they released but they were too quick to get a picture or a real good look.

That's not to say the critters are not there though. We're still learning to hunt.

Seen rabbits at Stave east, but only during non-shooting hours. Also seen ruffed grouse way down Stave west or east, can't which remember now. Personally I'd not want to camp over at Stave.

Lots of nice offshoots to camp out at down Harrison / Chehalis. The Chehalis lake site is really nice if you can go during the week. Just caught a 14" rainbow there Sunday evening, there was not one other person around except us.

I think from now on we may just head out to hope for our weekend trips, it's only about 30 minutes further away. You're in Maple ridge so that's even closer, we're in Surrey. I have no information on Hope hunting though, never gone, but I hear it's better.

For our week long trip we'll be in region three this year.

Good luck.

Lots of bunnies off the coq. Summit last light they go crazy. Rabbit mountain. Between tulamean Brittian creek fsr I believe . I've seen lots up squawacwa fsr (spelt it wrong ) just past hope

Quote Originally Posted by Dour View Post
    Lots of bunnies off the coq. Summit last light they go crazy. Rabbit mountain. Between tulamean Brittian creek fsr I believe . I've seen lots up squawacwa fsr (spelt it wrong ) just past hope

Sowaqua Creek. I have heard rumours near the summit as well.

Thanks for the info guys! Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the tip! I'll be going out there with my son on thanksgiving!

LOL in my daughters front yard she has wild ones running all over the place lol