Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leading Media Story: Famous Bear Shot By BC Hunter - Calgary

Leading Media Story: Famous Bear Shot By BC Hunter - Calgary

I happen to be in Alberta this week. Just watched Global News Calgary, tonite.
    More bad publicity for The hunting community. It was the leading story tonight.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3772535/f...hunter-in-b-c/

Although at first glance in the attached link, I don't see mention of a BC hunter shooting the bear, they did state so on the live TV news feed.
    Last edited by Kami; 09-27-2017 at 04:12 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Leading Media Story: Famous Bear Shot By BC Hunter - Calgary

If it was taken legally , so what. There is a lot more grizzlies around that what most people think !!

So now we know Y2Y is anti hunting
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

So if it "was a good-natured bear that demanded respect and didn’t push boundaries and you could live beside and thrive around", why was it relocated to an area near a hunting season?
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

"A good-natured bear that demanded respect and didn't push boundaries". Really??? What exactly is a "good natured bear"???? Ridiculous.

Anthropomorphism of animals has it's benefits, but is the scourge of hunters...

On the positive side.... no more funds being wasted relocating a high-maintenance bear, in fact besides being a sow this is exactly the type of harvest society should be open to. Bears with no fear of humans have a death wish, one way or another. The fact that the COS or RCMP didn't have to destroy the bear and it was taken legally by a gratified hunter, is a success all around. Global can eat a d!ck

I hope it gets a full mount and evertime the guy walks buy he gives it a "high five"

I see this as more sensationalism that hurts hunting and all gun owners in Canada. Why was it mentioned in the article about not knowing if the sow was pregnant or not? This is implying to the anti hunters that maybe the bear was! We have no proof but maybe it was pregnant! To me this is like saying the bear was shot legally by a hunter. It is unknown if the hunter has several grizzly bear rugs in his residence. It's leading the reader along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    I see this as more sensationalism that hurts hunting and all gun owners in Canada. Why was it mentioned in the article about not knowing if the sow was pregnant or not? This is implying to the anti hunters that maybe the bear was! We have no proof but maybe it was pregnant! To me this is like saying the bear was shot legally by a hunter. It is unknown if the hunter has several grizzly bear rugs in his residence. It's leading the reader along.
    Yes - definitely leads people to an emotional response even if they weren't on that train of thought already. The implied hunters "killing mothers & babies" just in case the cute little (nuisance) bear wasn't directing the readers thoughts already.

Awwwwwwwww