Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alberta Bow Association Allocation Policy Survey

Re: Alberta Bow Association Allocation Policy Survey

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post
    Walking Buff...you'd have to be deaf not to hear the outcry from resident hunters right now about increased wait times and the amount of non residents in the draw system. It's the same frustration driving the desire for change to landowner tags. Always fun to blame APOS though!

I agree the separate archery season is ABA but the 15% cap is not as I said above.

And almost all of those Residents crying have no idea what the actual numbers are.
    This is a boogeyman that the government have allowed to become real.

Hmmm... I outed APOS, the ABA and to a degree, even myself. Always fun to blame myself.

I simply pointed the finger in the direction of where the concern came from, not picking on anyone in particular.
    Even with AGPAC attempting to keep these discussions on the very down low, without a paper trail, the pressure is high enough that there are some leaks.

If you know that I am wrong about APOS on this, then I'll ask again, Who made this a "high priority" concern....? AFGA? ABA? The Gov?

I honestly don't know nor do you but I do know for certain that the Government has been getting an earful from residents so likely the government themselves.

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    I can understand doing away with non resident draws. Try to put non residents in the same draw pool here in BC and see the crying start

Yup, residents should always come first, and in this case Alberta residents. A hunter host program with application fee on LEH for non res maybe priority based.

Arrow Re: Alberta Bow Association Allocation Policy Survey

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    ... A hunter host program with application fee on LEH for non res maybe priority based.
    Ummm... That is pretty much exactly what exists now.

As WB and myself have noted, putting the less than 2 % of NR Canadian draw tags back into the resident pool will make zero difference on resident draw rates. Smoke & Mirrors...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Ummm... That is pretty much exactly what exists now.

As WB and myself have noted, putting the less than 2 % of NR Canadian draw tags back into the resident pool will make zero difference on resident draw rates. Smoke & Mirrors...

Nog
    I won't argue with you there but residents are demanding something be done and these are easy things to do. I suspect the NR draw will be replaced with a partner licence so NRs will still be able to enjoy the opportunity if they can find a resident willing to give up a tag.

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post
    I won't argue with you there but residents are demanding something be done and these are easy things to do. I suspect the NR draw will be replaced with a partner licence so NRs will still be able to enjoy the opportunity if they can find a resident willing to give up a tag.
    And to think at one point I was actually lobbying for the possibility of Non Res Canadians (Albertans) to get in on BC draws instead of the "have to use an outfitter" rule that is current. Guess I will let that slide now...

Be a damn foolish move for Alberta if you ask me - an increase in a whopping less than 2% of the draw tags, and delivering a handful of spite with that. Bizarre.

Letters to their Minister and Premier sent. More to follow. Survey still open btw... http://www.bowhunters.ca/

Nog

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Hey Iron, the Alberta Fish and Game has a link too, give them a blast at least as equal as your rant against the ABA. That one is still entertaining. In fact, all the members of the committee should have links available if their organization has the capability.

Quote Originally Posted by bowshot View Post
    Hey Iron, the Alberta Fish and Game has a link too...
    Post it up then.

The ABA was first out of the gate with this crap, and did such a crappy job of re-wording the survey it appears to have been done by a brain dead grade 6 drop out. They deserve the rant IMHO...

Not who you suggested, but it does appear Survey Monkey has picked up the torch: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VZD78H2

You have other links to the same, please share.

Thanks,
    Nog
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 11-11-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Yup, residents should always come first, and in this case Alberta residents. A hunter host program with application fee on LEH for non res maybe priority based.
    Residents first. Hard to look a new resident hunter in the face and tell him he'll never shoot an Alberta trophy pronghorn. Yet there are non residents hunting them...

Non resident draws how Alberta runs non resident sheep draws is a good system. Would be nice to have something like this for non resident hunters here in BC

Having resident and non resident hunters in the same draw pool I can understand a resident hunters frustration. Having a small number of tags available in a separate draw pool is something I would say is a good thing though