Thread: Bino adapter for tripod

Bino adapter for tripod

Would like to try glassing with a tripod this season. What are you guys using for an adapter for a tripod?

I am using 10x42 Diamondbacks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bino adapter for tripod

I use the outdoorsmans system for my binos and spotting scope. It works great
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

If you're running the Vortex binos, the Vortex adapter seems like a no brainier--that's what I use with the same binos. For my tripod I bought a pan-head for my son's bogpod shooting stick / tripod, as well as quick release plates (one each for my binos, spotter and camera). I can confirm that this is a fine, stable system. Perhaps not as good as the Outdoorsmans system, but a fraction of the price.
    A conservationist is an environmentalist with a gun.

I wanted to try glassing with a tripod after hearing many reputable people talk about it. Bought a Solingor tripod from Walmart for around $50, and a Bushnell tripod adapter for around $35. It is a game changer, even with this sub $100 set-up. I am glassing with 10x42's, and just like getting a good rest with your rifle, taking the shake out of it is amazing. I would like to upgrade when I can afford to. Have heard nothing but good things about the Outdoorsmans systems.

I sometimes use a Primos single stick and just rest the binos on it. Also take the V off and mount my camera on it. Nice and quick and easy too.

This is my tripod setup for attaching a rifle rest, binos and spotting scope:
    -general use tripod with 2x quick release system.
    -for the binos, I use a 1/4" nut and a locking washer and I bought smallest 90 degree bracket that can fit to my binos and give me a comfortable clearance over the tripod head. Secure the other end of the bracket with the bino's supplied screw and you are done.
    -the second quick release I use it for the spotting scope or the rifle rest. Similar to the previous poster, I bought a low end monopod and I took the top part so I can attach it to the quick release.

Save your money for something else.

The bushnell one with the strap and buckle is probably the cheapest option - not bad if you dont want to spend much at first to see if you like glassing from a tripod. Amazon sells them. Field optics research is another cheap option. I had them both and now i have an outdoorsmans adapter which is the best one ive used. Most expensive too, but its rock solid, and super quick. You'll be amazed how much more you'll see with binos mounted