Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7-27

7-27

How long is the drive from ft st james into the bridge at the S end of takla? Anybody know what shape the roads are in?

I will be heading in for the last days of Nov, not sure if the barge across babine will be down for freeze up.

Anybody ever see any whitetails in there?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 7-27

Why the hell are you going in there that late. Its like 4 1/2 hours. No white tail that i have ever seen. I dont know about the barge.
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Heading there in a couple days goat'n, from Fort, if I remember correct, it's a couple hours to the middle river bridge, another 2-3 hours to the cottonwood at the other end of the lake. Been up to middle river a couple times this year, the main Rd (driftwood I think) was in great shape. I took the barge back in august, pretty sure they run all winter don't they?
    Iv never seen a wt up there, mind you Iv never seen a moose either in all my trips up that way. But there's goats! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    Heading there in a couple days goat'n, from Fort, if I remember correct, it's a couple hours to the middle river bridge, another 2-3 hours to the cottonwood at the other end of the lake. Been up to middle river a couple times this year, the main Rd (driftwood I think) was in great shape. I took the barge back in august, pretty sure they run all winter don't they?
    Iv never seen a wt up there, mind you Iv never seen a moose either in all my trips up that way. But there's goats! Lol.
    Good info, thanks. Barge runs while they are logging but shuts down for break up and freeze up. Never seen a moose! Shit!

Quote Originally Posted by 604redneck View Post
    Why the hell are you going in there that late. Its like 4 1/2 hours. No white tail that i have ever seen. I dont know about the barge.
    Because i enjoy hunting, and that is when i can go

Take a snowmobile with you.......and have fun. I guided in the area for a bit so was curious as to why so late when only deer are open.
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Moose draw closes nov 5. Packing snow shoes and boot leather

Oh ok. Thought you were literally talking end of november lol. Well i hope you get one. Pm me for specifics on locations to focus and such.

Just got back from up that way. Just a note if your heading up past takla landing.... white people are not welcome!! Lmao.
    Got stopped at road construction on my way home yesterday, the native flagger lady was, let's just say not happy that I (white person) was up there hunting. She stopped 2 other vehicles (white moose hunters) as she had me stopped, she took their names and plate #'s and asked where they were going. She then said she would be sending people to come find them. What that meant, I don't know.

Nothing ilegal about hunting up there, but after this run in (I was by myself), I'd be concerned about my safety and belongings. It was very obvious that I was not welcome.
    Do not let this stop or change hunt plans, but I would recomend contacting the band office and rcmp if you do head up that way, and set up a couple game cams around camp. If you get stopped by natives, start your phone on video incase chit goes south. I wish I would have thought about it.

Just so your covered.

Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up, sounds pretty lame. I will not be heading up takla way, going to be around natowite mostly. Or if we dont see any sign, we will move around.