Thread: The $40 Bynolyt Buzzard Binoculars

The $40 Bynolyt Buzzard Binoculars

A few weeks back I was cruising a facebook auction site and up pops a pair of Bynolyt Buzzard 10X42 SHR, "like new binculars", with a starting bid of $30. The googling started....

Fast forward a day, after plenty of research, I'm willing to take a flyer on them up to about a 100 bucks if and when the bidding gets going. They had great reviews, (after lots of translating), but who knows if they are misaligned, knock offs, or whatever. Well, I get them for $40, and I scheduled a pickup for the next day. It was 40 minutes away, but I was hoping for it to pay off. Did it ever!

Met the woman at a local gas station, at night..... Plenty of distance to test them with distant mall signs and high rises. They looked legit. Since then I've given them side by side comparisons to my Swaro 10X42 EL's, and I hate to say it, they are brighter, and that's confirmed by two of my hunting partners. Hard to tell any difference with clarity as well. While they are not as well made as the Swar's, for starters the focusing knob was a little loose and sloppy,not the actual adjustment, just the plastic cover on the actual knob, I am thoroughly impressed.

So here is why I am telling the story. These bino's are currently regularly priced at cameranu.nl for 459 euro's, which converts to a little under 700 CDN, and if I'm not mistaken, there is no duty on european optics, if you can get a pair shipped here. There is only one downfall, and that's warranty if you need it, and it's only 25 years. But hey, awesome binos for less than half the price of Vortex Razor's, or a quarter of the price of Swaro EL's. For those hunters on a budget, these may be the binos for you.

That all said, I welcome any requests to test them out if you're close to Maple Ridge.

https://www.cameranu.nl/nl/p267024/b...hr-verrekijker

http://webshop.waygroup.nl/NL/Bynoly...olyt&mid=10316
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: The $40 Bynolyt Buzzard Binoculars

Good score, but do they burn your fingers when you handle them?

Re: The $40 Bynolyt Buzzard Binoculars

That's a good question, but the fact that it was an auction site, open to any bidder, leaves me with a good conscience. And to go further, when meeting the woman, I really did believe she was "getting rid of the husbands stuff that he left behind". Supposedly has some "golf distance thingy" as well, but can't find it. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Citori54 View Post
    Good score, but do they burn your fingers when you handle them?
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.