Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A hunting story from a rancher/hunter/ bush resident's perspective.

Re: A hunting story from a rancher/hunter/ bush resident's perspective.

My experience after viewing hundreds of wildlife carcasses is more people say one-shot clean kills are their norm than actually do it - especially moose. The worst I've seen is nine holes and 13 shots fired. Many times a errant round nobody will admit to in a moose carcass.

My parents neighbour and his hunting partners were either the worst shots ever or got the worst cases of buck fever known to man. I don't know how many times that I seen them bring home an elk and it would have 4-7 holes in it. Shoot until it drops must have been their motto.

The worst elk i seen had 7 holes. First shot was in the base of the antler, second was in the one of the eye guards, 3rd -7th shots were spread out between the nose and the tail. Apparently the bull was 25yds away when the shooting started and finally dropped 400yds from the road. It was very common to hear them talk about 3-4 guys all firing at the elk

Lol the moose I harvested last Oct. Think Oct 6th? was in a remote fly in lake..it had a very obvious bullet hole through the one antler..
    How the heck can you miss a 1500 pound animal black in color and hit 14 inches above his head?

Yup they walk amongst us...lol
    Srupp

Chief Joe ain't gonna be happy??LOL

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Lol the moose I harvested last Oct. Think Oct 6th? was in a remote fly in lake..it had a very obvious bullet hole through the one antler..
    How the heck can you miss a 1500 pound animal black in color and hit 14 inches above his head?

Yup they walk amongst us...lol
    Srupp
    Wow, asking a question like that really puzzles me, it almost sounds like you are maybe infallible, I guess your many years of guiding has slanted your view of us mortals! I've hunted a long long time and harvested my fair share of Moose and will be the first to raise my hand when asked who **ck$d up a shot! I put a bullet through both sides of a young Bulls antlers at about 275, spun it like a top and my partner thankfully dumped it on the next shot, that's how I know what happened! Seriously, I think you should really think about writing a book of your adventures, I honestly think with your 40+ years guiding hunters you'd have some great stories! K

No...not worth the aggregation. ...
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    ^not Bud Flair then. Dang, thought I had him pegged!
    That’s funny. I thought he moved away from there.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"